New Hooves for the Moose Truck

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
shallow isn't bad because it centers the weight on the bearing, deep dish wheels put leverage on the bearings which is not good for them. if it's backspaced and centered good a wider wheel is ok.

-Jon

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to backfill on a couple of comments. Good to know about the Eagle wheels. Too bad they didn't have a style that matched my old ones. I looked at some of theirs, but really wanted smaller holes, NO protruberances, and something distinctly Moosey looking. LOL I didn't know at the time there was such a low selection of made in USA wheels. It would be a very difficult decision to embrace a wheel I didn't like the looks of just because it was made here. However, I would probably be the kind of person to do that. The other element was working with Hoaks 4Wheel Drive in Helam PA. That's my only vendor for wheels and tires for the Moose Truck. Was, has always been, and will always be. I like to build business relationships with people till I get to the point where I am on a first name basis with everyone, and I get special treatment. I'm the guy who stands under the "NO Customers allowed in this area due to insurance regulations" sign and nobody says a word to me. So I went with wheels that Hoaks could get me easily. When they could only get me 1 pack of lug nuts through their supplier due to manufacturer constraints, they told me if I could find them on someones shelves I should buy them with their blessing, and they would take back all the wrong ones we tried no questions asked. When I needed to exchange 2 of the wheels I bought a year ago, one of which went to the rally and the box was ruined by rain, they gladly did it. You don't get that kind of customer service through mail order. Hoaks will be one of the sponsors at our IDI Weekend, so you can meet these guys in person and see for yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle