New Hooves for the Moose Truck

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel, why not just stick with 16.5 and 37" radial military tires? They're cheap and abundant.

Perhaps where you are, but not for me. All that kind of stuff was take offs, and the reason they are take offs is because of their age. They say tires shouldn't be run over 7 years old, and mine were 14. I think I pressed my luck there well enough. I want stuff that I can get anywhere. Being in lets say Illinois at a rally (as was the case last year), and needing a tire, I don't want to have to go to the ends of the earth to get another one. I was hauling around 2 spares that were 18 years old to cover such an eventuality, but that was a pain in the butt.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All Rv's have a warning to check/tighten the lug nuts after 50 miles on new RV's, specially alum rims, shouldn't be any different on vehicles.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
285/75/17 would probably be the tire I would chose if I went 17"

And, from the time I was looking at 16" tires, it seems like all the same treads/brands are still available. Maybe one day it will get some taller wheels, but until then, its 285/75/16's for me.

my tahoe came with a new set of 285/75/16 elderado mtz sports.. talk about exspensive :eek: i looked them up online $235 a tire. im happy with them though. they grip good, and wear evenly and it was even better that they came on the vehicle. as with any mud tire they wear kinda quick but id recommend them to anyone if they have the money.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Lucked out with my tires and wheels, ordered wm with a buy 3 get one free on the tires and wheels. I usually wait for those, it saved me almost $500.

-Jon

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I bought Alcoas for my brown truck because I wanted an American made wheel, and there's nothing like Alcoa aluminum alloy on the planet. They are literally the best out there. I never thought they'd get rid of the 16.5 tire size, I certainly hope they don't ditch the 16" guys too or I'll be pissed. I honestly doubt they can do that, Ford and GM both still use 16" wheels on their heavy duty vans and some trucks.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my tires for $648, minus a $150 rebate :sly

Although having the tires mounted caused me to spend almost $300 on my front end, plus $70 to have them mounted, sooo....I dunno.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylerperson

Members online