New Holland combine engine??

defecater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a friend that has access to a turbocharged straight six engine from a New Holland combine. He tells me that it has ford labeling on the engine. He has a ******* to swap it into something of a truck nature and was wanting to know more about the engine in question. Based on my search for a bus a while back, I assume this is the same engine as the Brazilian 6.6 used in some Ford buses. Correct or not??? If so, what are the bellhousing/transmission options for this engine??

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ooh HEY! there is one of those that pops up on Craigslist from time to time.... get me a bag of pocorn, and a barley type libation and settle in for a discussion....

Carry on people....

91fummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My boss has an 80's model Ford 2 ton wrecker with a Ford inline 6 and it runs good but is very gutless

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
The tractors were the same basic design as the truck version, but there were a few more sizes available. In the combine, it may be as small as a 401(6.6) up to as big as a 474(7.8), but likely in between those sizes. I have the same desire, but I'm using a 6.6 from a truck.

dubl_t

Reaction score
Defecater,
anything happen with this?

My son's got a '70 F100 4x4 with an IH D301 out of a late '60s Combine.
Fun truck, unique sound, expensive injectors and glowplugs, 20mpg and a top speed of 55-60 w/a T19(2400 redline), 90ish hp but really cool as hell.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Defecater,
anything happen with this?

My son's got a '70 F100 4x4 with an IH D301 out of a late '60s Combine.
Fun truck, unique sound, expensive injectors and glowplugs, 20mpg and a top speed of 55-60 w/a T19(2400 redline), 90ish hp but really cool as hell.

We need to see some pics!!!!!!!

dubl_t

Reaction score
Will do Fordguy, I'll start a new thread and Merry Christmas! I hope you and yours are having a great season!

defecater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had totally forgotten about this.

the guy never did follow through on this. I should ask him if the engine is even still available.

Last fall, at a automotive swap meet in Cedar Rapids Iowa, there was some kind of Rat rod truck thing with a HUGE Ford straight six diesel in it

Right now he is preparing to put a 7.3 IDI into a mid 70's Ford Highboy.