New guy checkin' in

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I just picked up an 86 F350 crew for my dad and heard this is the place for IDI info;Sweet. Some might recognize my screen name if you frequent Pirate4x4. I'll probably be in and out kinda sporadic like since I'll be delivering the truck to him in Idaho and won't have a full-time need for info. The truck is a 4x4, 6.9 w/ATS turbo, t-19 w/GV o/d, 4.10s, and a Hillsboro aluminum flatbed. Really a nice truck with lots of recent work, so it should last him a good long time. Anywho, here's a pic of the truck and one of my Dodge (go easy on me).
Travis..
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW danged nice IDI. Nothing wrong with the Dodge Cummins either. Yeah check in any time you need help same goes for your dad.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Nice rig ( well, both of them really, we're not too ******* goat herders around here :D

And welcome!

--------Robert

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What.... Another goat herder named Travis... Say it aint so.... Just teasen you. We have a member named Travis and he jumped ship to a really nice Dodge Cummins. We like to tease him lots....:rotflmao I told him 97% of all Dodge trucks made are still on the roads... The other 3% got home safely...:rotflmao:rotflmao If you are in the Sac area there are several great members near you and really willing to help with most anything.....

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Very nice IDI, and even though I don't like to openly admit it, the Cummins is a damn good engine too. Welcome, and stop in anytime. ;Sweet

tjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both trucks are nice I wish my IDI was 4 door that thing is sweet

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
That truck is just sweet..... I have always like the 80-86 body style (first truck I drove was an 83 F-150 4X4) I an normally not a fan of a flatbed, but that one just plain rocks.

I like you goat truck also, I have always liked the 1st Gen "square" Dodges, I guess cause the kinds have similar lines to the 80-92 Fords..

I have driven a 2nd Gen 12 valve, (The "other Travis" mention) Nice truck... and still going strong with 300+K on it. Has been turned up and is a blast to drive. Trav and the Enterprise (Do a search and you will find out alot about those to) is what got me into Diesels.....

Welcome, you will get lots of great info on here on both trucks.....

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the ;Sweet guys. I'm taking it up to the old man (in Idaho) on July 3rd so it looks like I'm not gonna get a chance to do a "towing test" for him. I was gonna try to hook the Jeep on and sneak in a wheelin' day trip but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. I'm curious how well it tows. The PO towed a 5er toy hauler, so it must work ok:dunno I guess dad will get to find out on his own.

On the Idaho note, do any of you guys have any tips or tricks to keep the underside and frame from getting crusty in snow country? I see lots of you guys are from the mid-west so I figure you guys might have some experience with that sort of thing:D
Travis..

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a guy in Rhoade Island, which is a very salty snowy state, and he loads up a paint sprayer with ATF every fall and paints everything under the truck with it. He claims it keeps the rust at bay, and since we've bought a truck from him, I can vouch that it seems to work. Love the new truck and flatbed. A very stately looking rig. ;Sweet Do yourself a favor and take a good look at the core support to frame body mount area. This is a heavily neglected area that slowly decays in the best of conditions. If you can get to it before it is too late, you can clean it up and paint it and get a lot more life out of it.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I'm hoping to find a nice '83-'86 vintage Crew Cab 4x4 manual tranny myself.

Great rig. Welcome to OB. I wish you could bring that crew cab to the Rally for me to drool all over.:love:

Heath

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful looking rig!! BTW I just noticed, the IP gear housing's either off an '87 6.9l or it's off a 7.3l. Do you know the history of the engine? Might not hurt to make sure that that's a 6.9l and not a 7.3l just so you can keep a closer eye on the coolant additive if needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamojster

Members online