Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought you guys might like to check out my new grill emblem
You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I initially missed that you have a 7.3 idi. Wow, you have a lot of work in that truck.

Last edited:

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Dammit! Now I just HAVE to get one. I do have an IH emblem for the rear, but I've been looking for a grill emblem.

Oh, the 454 is out (what a pain to pull the TBI engine harness out! It's ONE PIECE from the engine, through the firewall, to the computer!!!) and I've been getting the belts and such set up before I stuff the IH in. So far so good. Do you have any pics of what you did with your motor mounts? Looks like it will be fairly easyLOL , but if you have anything to go off of I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is what I missed initially. Thought it was billet grill emblem, once I saw the it was an idi and not a 6.2, realized the IH in the Chevy emblem.

Did you build the truck? Did you see the recent discussion on aux transmissions? Your comments would be most welcome.

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any pics of what you did with your motor mounts? Looks like it will be fairly easy , but if you have anything to go off of I'd appreciate it.
Doug Iwill look for motor mt pix. I used the 7.3E350 mts. I removed the stock motor frame stands and fabbed up new ones out of 1/4x 4" flat iron and drilled them to fit the stock GM frame holes and the 7.3 motor mts. Watch out for steering draglink to pan clearance! These motors are pretty tall compared to a Chev. Lay a 2x4 across the fender tops to check your hood clearance, found that out the hard way.-cuss

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you build the truck? Did you see the recent discussion on aux transmissions? Your comments would be most welcome.
YES I DID! and pretty poud of it too.;Sweet :thumbsup: ;Sweet Been watching the aux trans thread pretty close too. I have been playing with a simmilar idea only Ive been thinking about converting the front half of A NP203 into A divorced Aux trans. Flip the 203 around and you should have a direct/overcase with about a 2-1 over ratio. Shift 1 though 4 direct then shift 4through 8 in over drive.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Watch out for steering draglink to pan clearance! These motors are pretty tall compared to a Chev. Lay a 2x4 across the fender tops to check your hood clearance, found that out the hard way.-cuss

I saw that! The only thing that may be a problem will be the Banks turbo, but hopefully, with it being at the back, it won't be too bad. I see that you changed your hood, a little more clearance under there?

Wonder if the F350 mounting plates from my donor can be made to bolt into the Chevy. More measurements need to be made.

So, where did you get the emblem from?????:D

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt need the hood for clearance issues, she was a little hot under the collar so I put the cowel hood on for extra ventilation. My father inlaw made the emblem up on his CNC.:thumbsup: So its a one off custom maybe you could find someone locally to do one for you. I dont see why you couldnt adapt the F350 plates all it takes is some creativity and maybe a little welding.

Last edited:

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Al E that is a sharp looking truck;Sweet The ol IDI looks right at home in between the fenders of that Chubby;Poke ;Sweet JK Nice ride, and emblem :thumbsup:

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Al E that is a sharp looking truck The ol IDI looks right at home in between the fenders of that Chubby JK Nice ride, and emblem
Thanks Gruss . Been thinking about painting her this winter, think I want to try a new color maybe all black.:dunno

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I didnt need the hood for clearance issues, she was a little hot under the collar so I put the cowel hood on for extra ventilation. My father inlaw made the emblem up on his CNC.:thumbsup: So its a one off custom maybe you could find someone locally to do one for you. I dont see why you couldnt adapt the F350 plates all it takes is some creativity and maybe a little welding.

I'd like to get a CI hood for the looks, just can't get the wife to look the other way on the cost.:backoff And I've got the mill, just no CNC control, so I'd have to do it by hand. Wouldn't be the first time. I may pull the plates and see if they will work, or can be forced to work! Creativity I've got. And lots and lots of tools! Thanks for the info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle