New generation fuel filter?

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently went and got a new fuel filter for my 93 7.3, after looking at the new one i got and the old one on the truck they seem like completely different filters and are trying to figure out if the new filters are just a different design and will work the same. It looks as if i just screw on my original water separator cap and are all good but cant get around the fact that they look so different, the new filter is a purolator serial #F54692. Any one else run into this, all cross references went back saying that this is the filter for my truck.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics? These filters vary a lot in appearance by mfg... I've run that same # and didn't think it looked any different...

The Bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently went and got a new fuel filter for my 93 7.3, after looking at the new one i got and the old one on the truck they seem like completely different filters and are trying to figure out if the new filters are just a different design and will work the same. It looks as if i just screw on my original water separator cap and are all good but cant get around the fact that they look so different, the new filter is a purolator serial #F54692. Any one else run into this, all cross references went back saying that this is the filter for my truck.

Could be a packaging error.

I looked it up on Amazon and it looks like the correct filter

I personally would not take any chances. Take it back and compare it to another one. Learned that lesson years ago, and I will not make it again - wrong thermostat, cracked aluminum housing on a 302. It was just a tad thicker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online