New From Arizona!

Mutley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a shot in the dark, but why not remove that Kalifornia sticker and just go to a different DMV? Or do they record the fact you've already been at one? Nice truck!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. They ride pretty decent!

Failed emissions today..... Damn truck has a CA emissions sticker on the valve cover so the mvd is require me to get a CAT!! Where can I get a one?

I got the blinkers working though, it was the relay behind the fuse panel. Also, pulled off ALL of the damn stickers from the PO.

Damn it feels good owning a OBS PSD!

If it passed the Kali emissions test it should be OK. IIRC there was only one year where a Cat was on these trucks, I'm thinking an 06 year. Towcat may chime in, he would know. Cats are damn expensive. That DMV guy is full of it, tell him to show you where the Cat goes on a 96.

EDIT: Checked over on the TDS. Here is what I found.
Re: California Emissions Question.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I too have a truck with California Emissions Package. I have found..........

Unless special ordered, all trucks delivered to Oregon, Nevada, and Arizona come with Cal Emissions. (This is one of the items that was in the 2001 book at the dealer for ordering a truck.)

Cal Emissions include:
Glow Plug control module, rather than a simple relay
Different Injectors
Special PCM programming
No CAT on automatic trans trucks

I replaced the PCM with one from DP Tuners. The stock PCM code is the key that Jody uses to know how to program the new PCM for maximum effect. With this one change my fuel mileage increased about 10%, and the truck runs like a bat out of hell!!

Last edited:

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Wouldnt all the soot from the engine destroy a cat? thats why diesels dont have them I thought. Oh and if Ford didnt put a cat on there in 96, at least out here you dont have to put them on now

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Wouldnt all the soot from the engine destroy a cat? thats why diesels dont have them I thought. Oh and if Ford didnt put a cat on there in 96, at least out here you dont have to put them on now

Nope, The newer diesels have a CAT, mine does. Not much soot from a stock PSD......

cllake

Reaction score
If it passed the Kali emissions test it should be OK. IIRC there was only one year where a Cat was on these trucks, I'm thinking an 06 year. Towcat may chime in, he would know. Cats are damn expensive. That DMV guy is full of it, tell him to show you where the Cat goes on a 96.

EDIT: Checked over on the TDS. Here is what I found.
Re: California Emissions Question.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I too have a truck with California Emissions Package. I have found..........

Unless special ordered, all trucks delivered to Oregon, Nevada, and Arizona come with Cal Emissions. (This is one of the items that was in the 2001 book at the dealer for ordering a truck.)

Cal Emissions include:
Glow Plug control module, rather than a simple relay
Different Injectors
Special PCM programming
No CAT on automatic trans trucks

I replaced the PCM with one from DP Tuners. The stock PCM code is the key that Jody uses to know how to program the new PCM for maximum effect. With this one change my fuel mileage increased about 10%, and the truck runs like a bat out of hell!!

Now this makes sense.

cllake

Reaction score
Got a cat put on and my registration is good for 2 years... So here comes a new exhaust! lol

-Cody

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every bone stock 94-97 I have ever seen has a cat, some years of Super Dutys didn't have them, I know my 00 didn't.
Not many of the 94.5-97's are still stone stock, lots of them have had the kitty deleted without a whole lot else done to them.

zpd307

Reaction score
do you like loud trucks? i drove a buddies 97 with stacks.... ughh, i asked him how he drove it all the time. even with the windows up, its a crew cab, the noise was unbearable. and i only had to drive it 15 miles....

cllake

Reaction score
do you like loud trucks? i drove a buddies 97 with stacks.... ughh, i asked him how he drove it all the time. even with the windows up, its a crew cab, the noise was unbearable. and i only had to drive it 15 miles....

Good point! Plus its looking to be around $500+. I can get a turbo back single for $300ish.

SewperDrewper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got some serious envy for your truck. Also a AZ resident, but can't find anything that I like here local. What'd you pay for it and how many miles? Also, what part of CA? Congrats on the B-E-A-utiful truck!