New Engine NO Start. HELP

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Okay guys, got a problem. We got everything worked out and pre lubed and everything, and now it wont fire.
The first second we cranked it over it fired a couple, probably what was left of the ZEP oil we'd put in the tops of the cylinders. I dont know whats wrong with it. Everything is wired in. I know the pump is turning on because I have fuel at the injectors.
Its not even trying at all. Just crank crank crank. Smoke is rolling up into the engine compt probably from a leaking turbo up pipe since we separated the thing again to do this swap.
Whats your thoughts?

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you cracked all the injector lines to make sure there is fuel At all of them?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Alright, It fired!
Sounds good too. Not sure if my new Pyro thermocouple bung isnt welded completely or what but sounds loud underneath the thing.
Anyway, we have another pressing matter now.
After we had it running it started leaking oil pretty badly, and I've tracked it down to a port type thing on the bottom of the block, at the front just behind the fuel pump.
I checked our other engines and there looks to be some sort of ball in the rest of them, and this one is missing it.
So now what do I do? What does this ball thing do?