New dodge...questions?

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about pulling the trigger on a fully loaded...
05 2500
quad cab
4x4
6' bed
W/Diesel.
The price I was given is $32,800.00

Seem like a good price?

With 3.55 rear and auto, trans 20" wheels...any idea on real world mileage?
Better mileage VS Power Stroke or Duramax?
Do these trucks have a comfortable/quiet ride? (my neighbors 99 2500 rides like a bunk board :idiot:
Thanks for any feedback.
PS. any reasons why I should wait for the 06's...?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ray

Your gonna make me proud aren't you... :D

Ok why wait for the '06MY hummm let me think...

It's coming to me... hold on....

Oh yeah that little thing called the

MEGA CAB

Yeah that's it... I knew it would come to me.

The only thing I would recommend as a change to your wants is a bolt action tranny.

I'm standing guard against the IDI Brotherhood :fight: Got my swonking light saber ready to cover ya brother!

Oh I did take a ride in a new one today (2500 Cummins) rode pretty nice if you ask me - it was a 4x4 as well. We're sort of kicking around the idea of trying to pick one up this fall

Last edited:

deezlwex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HammerDown, I see you're in Glenolden - I'm in West Chester. That price doesn't seem bad - what dealer?

And get ready - when Mel finds out, you're in for trouble! I heard about it when I traded my Ford! Luckily, he still accepts me in the BOOB brotherhood.:D

Scott

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by deezlwex
HammerDown, I see you're in Glenolden - I'm in West Chester. That price doesn't seem bad - what dealer?

And get ready - when Mel finds out, you're in for trouble! I heard about it when I traded my Ford! Luckily, he still accepts me in the BOOB brotherhood.:D

Scott
Dealer...Miller Dodge in Springfield. they called my house about 3 times already asking if (they) won...lol
Mel won't be mad...as he'll have one hell of a nice truck...my 88:D

deezlwex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel is buying your '88? I didn't know he was buying another truck. I'll have to email him.

What other dealers have your tried? Raymond? D'Ambrosio?

Shop around.

There are a few of us Rammers around here.

Scott

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
So is Mel starting a shelter for IDI's??? I mean heck Suzi and him already have 2...

Ah I got it he's picking one up for his boys to have when they get that age... They must be eye'n The Moose Truck and he's getting nervous LOL

Which I think thier oldest (Matthias) just a few years from that magical age (like 13ish or so I wanna say)...

Ray,

I tried to block it but he was too quick for me

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
argve said:
Ray
The only thing I would recommend as a change to your wants is a bolt action tranny.
As in manual ???
Not around my parts with all the stop signs and traffic lights -cuss

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update...

...so tonight my local dodge dealer calls my home (again) and say's "come in we'll sell you the Ram Quad Cab4 door 4x4 6' bed Diesel w/Auto > in The Laramie W/H-package for $28,300
And he also said "Ray, I know you were going to pay cash but right now Dodge has zero financing, so you can keep the big nut in your bank" ;Sweet

Sooooo what do ya's think... Can I beat em up more? :backoff

With fuel prices going to $2.75 by Laborday I threw out the thought of another Diesel...but now with the above price...welllllll

The only thing that is a bummer I've come to find 3.55 diff's arn't available any more due to use of an "American axle"??? vs Dodge using Dana in the past Now only 3.73's

deezlwex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ray, if you want, I'll drive on over and let you drive mine - one drive will convince you YES! (Oh, I hope Mel doesn't see this! :rolleyes: )

Scott

2500cummins

Reaction score
HammerDown said:
Better mileage VS Power Stroke or Duramax?
I have a close friend that has owned all three brands in the last six months, he is a straight shooter all brands guy, all were 3500 srw 4x4, He told me fuel economy under similar conditions was virtually identical with all three, empty or loaded.
HammerDown said:
Do these trucks have a comfortable/quiet ride? (my neighbors 99 2500 rides like a bunk board :idiot:
He told me the GMC was definitely the nicest riding, he felt the Ford and Dodge were very close to each other with the Dodge maybe better by a small amount, the Ford had the coil front springs. He said the Dodge was the quietest by a small margin

I would buy whatever truck you are the most comfortable with, You cant go wrong with any brand right now.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys better hope this thread get buried soon before Mel gets in here.....its gonna be messy :draw <-----closest thing to a lightsaber...
Now my question is, how bombable is the new trucks?