New addition to the fleet

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Picked this up yesterday for a pretty good price...

It's a '97 E250 van with an E4OD and a 5.4 Triton under the hood (well half under the hood...) :sly

Got about 70k miles. Full class "B" motorhome with a shower, fridge, AC, ducted heat.

Now all it needs is an IDI under the hood, and a 4x4 conversion... :D

Attachments

• photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    342.7 KB · Views: 13

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Actually it gets up and goes pretty well, considering how heavy it is...

There's a good steep grade between San Jose and Santa Cruz (known as Hwy. 17) that I was able to keep up with the flow of traffic on last night.

I think with a tune up, and a shift kit in the trans it might actually be driveable... ;Sweet

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Nice van man. The Triton motors aren't bad, just don't over torque the spark plugs and you'll be fine. 70k is still a baby. I'm a little jealous ;Sweet

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
i have always wanted to live in a van, down by the river.

:rotflmao

My only real fear is a sparkplug launching out of one of the back two cylinders, and going up through the dash and windshield... :eek:

I dated a girl once who had a ford tempo blow a plug going down the road, left a nice exit wound on the hood... cookoo

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
13 ft lbs for the plugs. I bought an inch lb torque wrench since my big torque wrench doesn't go that low. 13 x 12 = 156 inch lbs.

most of the time the plug blowouts are due to overtorquing them and stripping the threads. true, there should be more threads in the head, but it's usually not an issue as long as you dont overtorque the plugs

Black dawg

Reaction score
13 ft lbs for the plugs. I bought an inch lb torque wrench since my big torque wrench doesn't go that low. 13 x 12 = 156 inch lbs.

most of the time the plug blowouts are due to overtorquing them and stripping the threads. true, there should be more threads in the head, but it's usually not an issue as long as you dont overtorque the plugs

I have found also that when people put a new plug in, they dont blow the dirt out of the hole. The new plug tightens up against this dirt which eventually works its way out, and then the plug is loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel