need turbo! which one?

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im really not a fan of the stock turbo setup (stuck right by the firewall, just, looks like a very difficult time to do any kind of work there. Ive always thought of flipping the manifolds and keeping the turbo near the fuel filter.
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=461759625

im assuming these would be way too small? Im looking for 10 or less pounds, just a little mor eoomph and and better in town mileage.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
You would gain some performance by shortening the up pipe system. The thermal loss on our near 4' of up pipes has to be considered. Once you take the Ford/ATS system apart a couple of times and figure out what tools are needed to do the job, its not too bad. I can have the whole turbo system off the top of my engine in about 15 minutes.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
problem is my engine leans back further than most, as its a 4x4 zf5 cross member with a 2wd trans. i have a 1" spacer but its still not the same. And it seems thereis more than enoigh room in the passenger side for a turbonator

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a non intercooled twin turbo setup would be SO EASY and clean looking to do with the manifolds flipped up so turbos are near front of the engine. then two charge pipes meeting into a Y bolting onto the manifold. Tap a water injector right after the junction and presto, easy, clean, cheap, and cool egts!
Any idea what size turbos id need for a twin setup?