Need to start truck, item broken in tumbler

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my column went bad in my 87 bronco i just took plastic trim off around column and found the rod on top and used it to start truck. To unlock the steering wheel i gave it a good twist and it broke free. Thats the only way i know to do it.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the chrome part is off, you can't see up in along side the tumbler the spring loaded pin that holds it in place? Release that and the whole thing will come out.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Got the igintion cylinder replaced. Turns out it was a lot worse than i thought. No only did they break a part of my leatherman off in the cylinder and the chrome knob off, they broke something else off inbetween the part the key goes in and the housing jamming it, not to mention the steering wheel locked. So 2 1/2 hrs later i got it out and put the new one in.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Got the igintion cylinder replaced. Turns out it was a lot worse than i thought. No only did they break a part of my leatherman off in the cylinder and the chrome knob off, they broke something else off inbetween the part the key goes in and the housing jamming it, not to mention the steering wheel locked. So 2 1/2 hrs later i got it out and put the new one in.

Sweet. Another thread ends well.;Sweet