Need timing help please?

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Could be that it is retarded. Could also be that the outer ring on the harmonic balancer has slipped. It's a possibility. Very slight possibility however.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after you connected the meter, before you started the truck, did you reset the meter and make sure you saw 00000?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will be surprized (I was) at how well an isi will run on retarded timming!
Idiots -9.3 showed no signs in the yard , that explained the hard time turning the pump( it went to the stops ) good luck this weekend.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
she even ran like a ***** ape on the freeway, surprisingly

she really woke up when i fixed the issue.

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks gentleman for the input. After work today I'm going to actually adjust the IP and ill reply back with how its going. I'm sure ill have more questions.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You are on the right track. When the rpm reading "jumps" from 1999 to 2700 its really reading 2000 rpm because of the partical burned out digital number. So the zero looks like a 7 but its not.. I gotta have that fixed. Also sorry I did not return a claa last night. My new smart phone is smarter than I. So far I have not figured out where or how to listen to voice messages. Sometimes I feel like the stupidst guy on the planet. Computers or cell phones are so much not my world.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap...Gary got a smart phone...

Congrats!

I know mine is smarter than I am.

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my ip where I want it. The first run was at 9.4 and I could tell a difference from the .7 started with but I wanted 8.5 so I got back home burned the hell out of my hands again and got it to an 8.1-8.2 on the Kent Moore readout at 2010 rpms and held it there for about 20 seconds two different times to make sure it read the same back to back and man it sure does run smoother in all rpms. Not near as much vibration just smooth rpm climb until I shift and the general pickup of the engine is much better.
I was getting 17.7 mpg with the timing set at .7 I hope it improves from there or at least stays at that number none the less.

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TWO DIMES THICKNESS....not WIDTH

I dont think I could have moved it that much if I wanted to. But yes your correct its thickness. I moved mine about 2.5 dime thickness and got 9.4 after that any more than a c@#t hairs width and it would change dramatically so I had to be easy.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
alright you ********, if you wanna get technical, a dime only has a diameter and a thickness.
no width ;Poke :D LOL

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
alright you ********, if you wanna get technical, a dime only has a diameter and a thickness.
no width ;Poke :D LOL

According to your previous post they hqve width..just saying...mqke ip yer mind

Least It is now correct jnfo dime THICKNESS

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lmao you guys crack me up. I knew what the ididiot was sayin to me. Thanks for you guys help. Next up will be a purchase from type4 for some new squirters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle