need some quick help pulse adapter on cyl. 1

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to break this thing off can I still use the line on the injector once it's gone or do I need a new line?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope need to retain that adapter so line fits correctly. Other option get #1 line from a Van....

I'd love a #1 line from a van just cause it's well cleaner looking without that adapter LOL

JM2CW

Al

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Riotwarrior has it correct. Can't take it off and force that line to fit but you can replace that line with one from a van. They have this adapter on the number 4 cylinder so that line is shorter on the vans. Diesel Logic sells the van or truck number one lines new. When you say its flexing what do you mean. They have a plastic cover on them and under that its a brass fitting I think. It has a hex so a 5/8th inch wrench fits to tighten or loosen it from the line or the injecter.

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I got it off without damaging anything, it looked like it was being damaged but it wasnt. Thanks for all the help. got her al done and she runs great. We ended up getting a bonus on the test run......

You must be registered for see images attach

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you bet, they are country boys for sure! Ok I guess I'll tell you guys what was happening, get ready it show what a moron I am. The manual said detach the line from the top of the adapter then detach the adapter from the injector. Well I tried to unscrew the line but the adapter gave first so it gave the appearance of the whole think twisting. what I should have done is secured the adapter with a 5/8 wrench where it connects to the injector then used another 5/8 line wrench to remove the line from the adapter. It's a miracle I didn't crack the line. Yes I'm unable to see the obvious sometimes.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US