Need injectors on 93 7.3 turbo idi

Diesel Boy

Reaction score
Hi everyone I just bought my second 7.3 idi and I love it. I'm new to Oil Burners and would like your guys opinions on what I should get for injectors and what's the different codes for. I think mine now has G code injectors. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
General consensus is brand new (not rebuilt) Delphi BB codes.

Different codes are for different pop pressures, and different spray nozzles.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Ok thanks for getting back to me so quick. So how does BB code injectors differ from G code

BB's are set for 1800 psi or thereabouts from the factory, and G's are set for 2200, I think. There are more experienced people than me when it comes to injectors, like Typ4. They can chime in on the specifics

Will I get more hp out of them?

Just from them? No. But they WILL bring you back closer to factory specs for HP, since the older the injection system is, the less fuel it pushes to the cylinders. Less fuel = less power. Injectors only deliver the fuel to the cylinder that's been pushed to them by the injection pump. New injectors will run better than old ones, and deliver the fuel more reliably. If you want more power, you need an upgraded injection pump. The two best known performance pump builders are R+D, and Conestoga. There are plenty of other good builders, and even more NOT good builders. Keep an eye on who you buy from.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Ok the guy I bought this truck from has just put a brand new IP on it before I bought but he said it will need injectors

They're generally replaced at the same time, because they both have about the same life expectancy. To replace one without the other is kind of just asking for the other to wear out even faster. Sounds weird, but it makes sense.

Any time an IP is replaced, you want to get it timed to develop it's full potential. Every single pump is different than all the others, so what one pump is timed at will be different from the next, even if you line them both up at the exact same spot on the engine.

Typ4 sells injectors. Agnem sells injectors. Icanfixall rents timing meters. There are others, but those guys are the big names around here. Feel free to make your own decisions about it all though. Just don't trust a rebuilt injector. Too many "builders" don't do it right when it comes to rebuilding them. Brand new is just a better way to go.

Diesel Boy

Reaction score
They're generally replaced at the same time, because they both have about the same life expectancy. To replace one without the other is kind of just asking for the other to wear out even faster. Sounds weird, but it makes sense.

Any time an IP is replaced, you want to get it timed to develop it's full potential. Every single pump is different than all the others, so what one pump is timed at will be different from the next, even if you line them both up at the exact same spot on the engine.

Typ4 sells injectors. Agnem sells injectors. Icanfixall rents timing meters. There are others, but those guys are the big names around here. Feel free to make your own decisions about it all though. Just don't trust a rebuilt injector. Too many "builders" don't do it right when it comes to rebuilding them. Brand new is just a better way to go.

Ya it makes sense to me to to replace them at the same time but the guy that had it before did the pump cuz the old one was dead but didn't want to do injectors because he just wanted it running to sell it was just sitting in his yard not getting used all the time because he has a Psd

Diesel Boy

Reaction score
It needs timed because it runs rough, smokes and shakes the whole truck
My buddy said it's too retarded and to advance it

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Definitely needs timed. It's not hard. Just need a meter and initial reading, then shut engine down, adjust IP, tighten IP back down, start engine, get reading. Repeat as necessary. There's a good video on YT of a guy using a fence tensioner with dual hook ends to make his adjustments. Quite a genius idea, if you ask me.

Diesel Boy

Reaction score
Ya I've seen this video it's pretty cool using turn buckles me and my buddy was gonna go halfers on one but would would be a good one to get for around 150. I've seen them on eBay but don't know which one we need cuz I have a dynamic light timer for gassers but probably won't work on idi

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good advice has been posted so far too. Usually injecters and injection pumps wear out around 125,000 miles. Some get more and some less but thats the norm. From the sounds of your engine shaking it probably does need injecter now. The Bb codes from Delphi are what most here use. they pop at 1850 lbs. the G codes known as turbo injecters pop at 2200lbs. They are mostly an immissions injecter and are not what you want. I ran them for years in my turbo and felt something was lacking. So I installed a new set of Bb codes and what a difference. The G codes taken out only had a couple of thousand miles on them so they were a new injecter. Not a worn out injecter. Timing is very important with these engines. Set it for around 9.4 advance and let er go. These engines run well around that timing. Factory was 8.5 advance but we don't have that goof fuel any longer so advancing the timing almost makes up for it. I like the Kent Moore J33300-A meters. They are simple to use and the microprocessor does all the work for you. It breaks down a degree of timing to a tenth of a degree. No timing lite can do that. Never attempt to time these engines when they are running. They make too much twisting torque and will crash to the adjustment stops and snap the main shaft and then the pump is worthles as a core.

Diesel Boy

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and all that great info. wow I have 382,000 KM on the truck and Original IP was just replaced and not timed so i have to do that and ill get a set of bb injectors. Me and a friend 86SCLB are gonna buy a timing meter for them so i want to advance it to 9.4 for it to run at its most potential. I will look into these timing meters then. ;Sweet

dirtbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a set of 8 rebuilt injectors from Pensacola diesel before I had ever heard anything about them, and my 6.9 runs like a top. It idles smooth and has great power, so that's what I would recommend. I paid about $150 for a set of 8 and could not be happier with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert