Need help transporting truck from Portland, Oregon area to Southeast Texas

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me know if no one else can help, I can probably lend a hand I'm in Salem OR

Maybe even me and Towcat could meet up :dunno. I just need fuel/trailer covered mainly... I sleep in the cab and mcdonalds is cheap :rotflmao
Might be interested in the truck too if it cant make it to Tx
If there's any chance of you being able to grab it before the 11th and hold onto it for a couple of weeks, and if towcat's heading out to Texas on December 1st or later, is there any chance of you getting the truck to Eureka, CA around Thanksgiving weekend? I'm driving up there to see my mom and could bring it from Eureka (or a bit north; maybe I could go up to Crescent City?) to the Bay Area...

FWIW I just checked U-Haul's site; they're saying $138 for a one-way trailer rental for that trip...

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
driving wise should be no problem, but storage and time might be. Public works was already barkin cause' a neighbor called in my little red 61' econoline pickup -cuss. I could always pick it up and put it in storage until then too :dunno

So let me talk about it with my family an what not. Milege wise its about 750 round trip

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I'm assuming that rhkcommander would need to rent a trailer also...so, for grins, I went to U-Haul's site to see how much they would charge for a one-way from Salem, OR to the Bay Area...it's actually cheaper than the rental from Eureka :shocked: $134 with 4 days of use. So, if anyone else is interested in/able to go with this scenario, there may be some financial logic in renting a single trailer at least to get it from Oregon to the S.F. Bay Area, and maybe even for the whole trip, and just swap the trailer between trucks as needed?

What are everyone elses' thoughts on this so far?

Reaction score
My thoughts (as the owner of said truck) is that I haven't heard from brimstone since the start of this thread. I may just list it locally since I have just been left hangin'.