Need help transporting truck from Portland, Oregon area to Southeast Texas

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy a parts truck from a site member by Portland and need to get it transported to Southeast Texas. All my longhaul vehicles are out of commission for right now and my leg still isn't solid so driving that far would probably put me down after the first day. Vehicle is an F250 standard cab. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can probably meet someone at the Texas line to do a swap from one trailer to the other. Any one that thinks they can help let me know what you would need cash wise to do this.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in the greater Portland area and would be willing to help you in any way I can. I am guessing you could get that shipped to you for about $500 if you are patient and willing to shop around.

Good luck, let me know if I can help you in any way.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got to get it out from where it is by the 11th of November or sooner. Was told it could be possibly be pushed back but not much. I'm going to be checking shipping companies monday. Any recommendations on a shipper?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would check everybody, but what I can tell you is that if you can find somebody who's making that run with a car hauler and they have a single spot on it that's as good as you can do. I would just call around and maybe inquire with the folks on here who do long hauling.

Reaction score
Keep in mind that you cannot just hop in it and drive it onto a car trailer since it needs a clutch slave, battery and glowplugs. I mean you could, but I can't see a truck driver from a transport service being willing to go to the unique effort of doing so.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to say sure.. for mileage.. but it isn't in the cards.. sadly, I want tires out of TX too.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where the tires at in Texas? I think I have a tour bus running to somewhere in Idaho in January. Depending on the size and the amount I might be able to squeeze them into an underneath storage compartment.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be busy before the end of November, but if it's out of the place on time and hasn't left OR yet, I might be able to get the truck from Oregon to Arizona for you. Would need $$ to cover fuel, a rental trailer, and food/roach motel; not sure how much it would be exactly.

I'd actually be willing to take it all the way to TX (always up for a road trip), but I don't think I can afford to take the time off work :( ...as it is, I'm hoping I would be able to get the truck from the OR/CA border to the CA/AZ border and get back home in 2 days cookoo

Given my time constraints, it's probably not the best choice, but the offer's there if you need it...

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
Man I'd love to do it, since I'm usually not working through the winters, but I'd have to break even atleast with fuel/food. Am I right that it's roughly 2000 miles from here to there? That'd be 500 in fuel one way at best. Probably not feasable. What about making it driveable, then getting a one way ticket, either for yourself or someone willing to drive it out there. Or is that way out of the question? If you paid all expenses I'd leave tonight :)

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm TX bound in Nov/Dec, but OR is 10 hours driving north of me.
if it can get brought south with the proper paperwork, I can rent a trailer for the trip to TX.

Reaction score
I don't think this truck is going to drive to drive to texas Chris. It hasn't ever lost water or overheated for me, but I have only driven it on the farm or around the block. Idled it allot, hours even, but never out on the road. The previous owner told me in a laughing voice "Hey Dean, I still have that diesel truck. Does run, will drive, haha just bring allot of water cuz you won't get far".

Besides, if it would I wouldn't sell it for $300, and I would offer to drive it wherever myself!

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know if no one else can help, I can probably lend a hand I'm in Salem OR

Maybe even me and Towcat could meet up :dunno. I just need fuel/trailer covered mainly... I sleep in the cab and mcdonalds is cheap :rotflmao
Might be interested in the truck too if it cant make it to Tx

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where the tires at in Texas? I think I have a tour bus running to somewhere in Idaho in January. Depending on the size and the amount I might be able to squeeze them into an underneath storage compartment.

Avery, TX.. its only a $240 price break if I arrange shipping myself

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to say sure.. for mileage.. but it isn't in the cards.. sadly, I want tires out of TX too.

Avery, TX.. its only a $240 price break if I arrange shipping myself

Bear in mind, my house to PDX, to Houston (bout as southeast as ya get) back to my house is 4589 miles.. x.30 a mile for fuel... = $1375..... add a small pittance for time, lodging etc... all of a sudden the $300 truck that wouldn't drive the distance on its own, becomes a $2k pig in a poke...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online