Need Help, No Boost on Factory Turbo Install

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If you changed an injection pump you are now not timed properly. Actually you have no real idea what the timing is set at no matter where you set the pump. Ever injection pump is internally timed differantly. So get the engine timed. Then if you need to remove the pump use a center punch and make a mark in the pump to housing joint. Then you can get that pump back in time to where it was before you removed it. If you sent that pump to have it rebuilt the above is not going to work. The center punch mark only works if the pump is removed and reinstalled without being rebuilt. The timing on these engines is nothing like a small block chevy...

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8seconds, If you want to try that turbo pump just let me know and I will get it sent out. I want to see you get up and running!

JOHN

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also looking for the snail to intake manifold gasket. I have a big leak there and still see 13 psi @ WOT unloaded.

8seconds

Looking to Modify
Reaction score
Sorry for the slow response back John, having problems getting on our forum by desk top, but able to by phone weird.. I going to hold off on having you send that pump, but will keep that in mind.

I've got to find someone that has a meter close by to rent or borrow. Cann't seem to find a shop nearby that has one. Everybody saying to use the timing by ear method!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Members online