Need help from the BOOB Express!

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:yell: Attention fellow BOOB men. I am in need of some help from THE BOOB EXPRESS.

I am looking to buy a c6 4x4 transmission from Jake S. but shipping is outrageus. Pick up is in St. Paul MN and drop off is in Macon Georgia. I know nothing about Jake S.'s area so I will have to ask him to help with that information. The drop off is in Macon Ga. wich is located 1 hr south of Atlanta off I 75. I am not expecting anyone to drop it off at my door step or anything I just need it closer to home. I am also willing to pay whomever for there troubles, whether it be in cash or in some junk from around the shop.(hey I know one mans junk is another mans treasure) Any help would be appreciated. If anyone needs anymore information just ask and I will be glad to give it too you. If any compensation is needed just let me know. :hail :hail :hail :hail

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you guys check with Freightquote.com? One can often get commercial freight prices here with less than load items. Loading dock to loading dock of course. Not especially cheap but way cheaper than Fedex/UPS/DHL when it comes to the heavy items. For a couple of examples:
I bought a T19 from Houston Texas(weight around 150lbs) and had it shipped to a freight terminal in Ocala FL, cost was around $80, took about a week that was in Jan '05. Also bought a rear end from SLE215 in the Columbus Ohio area, shipped to Ocala. This thing weighs around 350lbs. Shipping was around $340 that was in July of '05.

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I havent but I will. I checked with fedex freight wich is who the company I work for uses. We get a huge discount and its still outrageus.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hardest part of the leg will be St. Paul to Indiana. We don't have many members out that way. The last run out that way I know of was after the last IDI Weekend, when John went to the Mall of America. I bet if it gets to Indiana, it will get to Georgia pretty easily.

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hardest part of the leg will be St. Paul to Indiana. We don't have many members out that way. The last run out that way I know of was after the last IDI Weekend, when John went to the Mall of America. I bet if it gets to Indiana, it will get to Georgia pretty easily.

Does anyone live out that way making a run south?

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW i just looked it up on mapquest and its appx. 1223.90 miles 1 way.:eek: I may be expecting a little too much here huh. Even if its in 5 or 6 drops thats still a long haul. I want to see if I can still get it done for sure but I dont want anyone making any special trips for me.;Sweet

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
how much does the tranny weigh I think fedex ground will ship up to 150 lbs and its a lot cheaper then fedex freight. I shipped a bumper from Oh to CT at around 100 pounds with insurance for about $80

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FEDEX freight is expensive. If you have to ship because you need it fast call freightquote.com should only cost mabey a couple hundred bucks to go that far.

I've shipped 150lbs to MN from NC, cost about $150 IIRC.

If it gets to north west Indianna I'll be able to toss it in the back of the truck anytime after the 22nd of this month when I lease on to Horizon Transport in Wakarusa, IN. It might ride back there a couple weeks until I get back here to North Carolina or possibly further depending on where I can dispatch myself to travel....... when trucking I like to go out 2 - 3 weeks and then take one off:D . PM me if needed.

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant remember what the weight was, I think its somewhere around 160 or 170 with the torque converter, Im not real sure about that though. I know that we get a HUGE discount with fedex freight because thats who we use everyday and to ship it was still 200 = fuel sir charge, and thats from dock to our shop at work. At that it would be worth just rebuilding mine myself but I dont know if its something I want to tackle yet. Yea I know Im cheap but you have to be to have anything these days.

Is there anyone who can run it from St. Paul MN to north west Indianna?

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
I shipped a jeep trans ups before, put the tc in a seperate box , dont think it was more than $100.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
well if someone can get it to me, i can get off my duff and get to the party in indianna;Sweet for another stint. question is, can someone bring it to me?:dunno
chris
northern illinois
zip 60178

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
If Chris can get it to Indiana, I can link up with someone down the road and keep it moving.

Barney

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, Looks like theres only a few holes left to fill to make this work.