Need advice

mahatma171

Reaction score
Return line leaks won't make it die after it's been running for awhile, but they can make it hard to start if your lift pump checkvalve is not working.

If it died going up hill maybe your tank(s) are low:dunno

^^^^ x2 I can't imagine a leaky return making your truck die out after its warmed up. Right when you first start it up from cold, yes. But even then with some full-throttle cranking and pedal pumping in between attempts you should get it to re-start.

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
I'm wondering if my tank selector valve is not switching all the way and its sucking air from the back tank becuase I know the first time I put fuel in I put a couple gallons in the rear tank but have been running off the front tank since then. When I filled up it ran great no problems whatsover with fuel or loosing power or stumbling. I know I played with it a few times and with how long it was sitting it might have some crud in it messing it up.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
No amount of "peddle pumping" will start these diesels.... We don't have a acelerater pump in the injection pumps.... Holding the throttle half to wide open will allow more fuel to reach the injectors. That can help a hard start or purge trapped air faster... But thats about all it does...

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
My biggest concern is that where the return line from the filter head is connected to the first injector t, the nipple is just broken off and I think it might be sucking a bunch of air into the filter.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Yeah, it will for sure once you turn it off. If the anti-siphon valve isn't working which it probably isn't then you will have a ton of air in you supply and return systems.

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
Hmm this sucks, well I will have to wait till the return line kit gets here and I'll put it on along with the new gp's I just got, Motorcraft ZD1A's, and a new battery cable I got off ebay for 70 bucks because my factory one litterally corroded in two. So has anyone else bought stuff from Rock Auto and gotten a huge box for a little part? The gp's came in a 6x6x6 box with a huge air thing in it. I had to laugh.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Hmm this sucks, well I will have to wait till the return line kit gets here and I'll put it on along with the new gp's I just got, Motorcraft ZD1A's, and a new battery cable I got off ebay for 70 bucks because my factory one litterally corroded in two. So has anyone else bought stuff from Rock Auto and gotten a huge box for a little part? The gp's came in a 6x6x6 box with a huge air thing in it. I had to laugh.

MY box wasnt huge, but it was bigger than glow plugs need

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
I got my Dynomax y-pipe through Rockauto and the big piece didn't even come in a box, and it was a little beat.:mad:

I had that experience with Summit Racing though, little box with practically indestructible Axle Pivot Bushings in a great big box.:dunno LOL