Need a part number or identification.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
The "ignition" switch on my '94 F250 is giving signs that it is about to die. Sometimes I need to turn the switch w/o a key in it so that it will line up and allow the key to be inserted. It seems to work best if I turn past "off" to the "accessory" position, and then back to "off" before I remove the key.

I will be going to the AACA Fall meet at Hershey next week. Its the biggest collection of antique cars and car people anywhere. I would like to sort through some boxes of parts--sometimes there are real bargains there. I need to know the part number so that I get the right switch, and not just a look alike that won't fit.
Can someone provide the Ford Part number? How about the casting number (if any) that might be on the part itself?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael, Lady Moose has had the same problem since we got her. You have to line up the butterfly wings to get the key to go in, and when the key is out, if they get turned a little the dinger will start dinging and you have to bump it to line it up so it will stop. Kind of anoying, but it will probably work that way for years. :dunno

sootman73

Reaction score
mine has been like that for the two years i have owned the truck. i actually like it that way cuz i can turn off that dumb dinger just by bumping it like agnem said.