Need a new filter for 088 ATS turbo.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
My brother in law is replacing the head gaskets on his 91 7.3 and decided to do some other stuff as well. He has the ATS 088 style turbo with a K&N filter. It's black as night and wont come clean and has become quite restrictive. He wants to go to a regular paper filter but I'm not sure how to look that up. I tried searching on here, but the terms are too general. Does anybody have an application or better yet a part number, preferably WIX, but anything commercially available will do.

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Not to change the subject but do any of you guy's recommend using the foam pre-filters that are provided with some of these replacement filters? I haven't tried using the foam and mine gets dirty pretty fast... Any negative affects of using the foam? :dunno

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I used the foam pre-filters on occasion when I had my ATS airbox. I would run until the foam got dirty then remove it and just use the filter until it got dirty then start over. I never really noticed any difference in performance either way.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The foam just helps to keep more dust and bigger particles out of the filter. You can usually clean the foam filter.
Basically can extend filter life a bit.
I can't see their being any performance differences.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle