na rods

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i am gearing up for my idi to 01 superduty build an iv gotn a 92 7.3 na what is the limit on rods and is it worth the hassel to find turbo rods. now what i expest from the truck 300rwhp 400 would be fn fantastic but i dont see that but iv sourced a craigslist s400 turbo ip injectors and cam i have yet to weigh pros and cons at this point . but low comp pistons and 25ish lbs of boost is the goal iv got. now has anyone heard from hypermax on there headgaskets and also any intel on the machined injector caps a member was making. as always thanks for any insite you may have and my bad to any grammar Nazis useing a smart phone on a road march is frowned apon to have to be speedy thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I feel turbo rods or custom rods are what you want for that hp. Ford still sells recon turbo rods but.. You need a set of rods to get a set without a core charge. Also try asking any international dealer parts counter guy if they have turbo rods. I have two spare sets of used turbo rods here that I may let go. If interested pm me about them. Otherwise looking for a set at the teo places is what I can offer. 7 years ago I got a set from a shop in florida for $42.00 per rod and no core fee. Back then ford wanted $55.00 per rod with a 47.00 core fee per rod. Screw them is what I said. You block can handle the hp you want too. Having a turbo block is not going to help you either. Some feel a turbo block is the only way to build a turbo engine.. Well way too many non turbo engines are running turbos happy as hell too.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
factory cam is the same turbo or na. Ive got a set of turbo rods.
and check my numbers in my sig

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The NA rods will handle the power you will make with the fuel you can get with any of the Injection pumps available at this time. If you spend 2000.00 on a IP you might need custom rods but most likely you will need a new trans first...right after you twist off that US gear unit from yours...

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys also no us gear on this truck my obs was wrecked last year now I've got a 2000 SD an a 93 idi engine that will be put in the 00

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not put the money into the engine in 2000 and actually get 3-400 hp? Or is it a gasser?

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O its a gasser v10 and I want to drop the v10 in my mustang and call me crazy I favor the idi over a cumapart swap

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the v10 fit in a mustang, and more importantly do they make a supercharger that'll fit??

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5.4 will fit with plenty of room and the v10 has all the same specs just 3in longer and Kenny bell builds a sc fore it but I'll be going turbo in my app