996.2 KB · Views: 61
  • truck 002.jpg
    truck 002.jpg
    607.6 KB · Views: 75

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much was the timer relay, and where did you get it from?

I wanted to do something like this, but couldn't find anything like that at the time...ended upgrading to the 7.3l system instead. I plan to keep it for the foreseeable future, but it'd be nice to keep this in my back pocket just in case...

Thanks! ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never seen that time delay unit. Certainly nicer than having to build your own like I did. But can it be retriggered right away, or is there a delay for that? That was a major concern when I designed mine.

zrexryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it will reset with no delay,just push the button again.
$20 and some change for the timer, got it at RSD

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't ya just love electronics? I'm almost at the point now where I could build myself a controller but just don't have the time.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
So what if she or anyone else just keeps pressing the button (which is why I think Mel was asking). Not to rain on your parade, I think it's cool that you got a working design. May just need to add to what you have so someone can't re-trigger the system for like 30 seconds or something.

zrexryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was that way at first,No push button, the timer would power the glow plug relay every time you turn on the key and time out after 10 seconds, But I wanted a little more control over it.

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mel- you will be helping me with power window conv3ersion- with your expertise in electronics (not to mention your ancient video game) And after seeing your resistors and such at the rally, I am greatly curious of your pumps and whatnot

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put a toggle on the truck to toggle between the factory automatic glow plug system and my push button system. It stays on the push button setting most of the time. But, if someone else needs to drive the truck, I open the hood and flip the toggle and tell them to wait for the "wait to start" light to go off then start the truck. When they are done with the truck, I toggle it back to push button.

Heath

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a toggle on the truck to toggle between the factory automatic glow plug system and my push button system. It stays on the push button setting most of the time. But, if someone else needs to drive the truck, I open the hood and flip the toggle and tell them to wait for the "wait to start" light to go off then start the truck. When they are done with the truck, I toggle it back to push button.

Heath

Not a bad solution either. I liked my push button but I would seriously stress out when I had to let someone else work on the truck or drive it.