my options, need opinions please

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
I have between 10 and 15g's to spend, sold my trailer (18+2 14k gs) and now want dumping capabilities.
I still have my trackhoe (9k lbs) and possibly carry my 2k FEL tractor with it

here are my thoughts.

1. Add a dump bed to my 2005 F350, and get a pull behind trailer.

2. Buy a used dumptruck 26k or under, and get a pull behind trailer.

3. Get a gn dump trailer @18-20ft long, 20k dual tandem with ramps for my equipment.

as far as my ideas :

1. if I get a dump bed, I pretty much waste the bed, the sprayin bedliner, and the B&W turn ball, which are all new, might lose the ability to park my truck at the house, since it will now be a commercial truck.

but would make it nice looking, paint bed to match truck, and be ease of all in one package. Be able to carry my dump load and still pull a trailer.

2. Dumper would be used, so might have to deal with others problems, have an extra vehicle to deal with.

but would be able to carry my load and still pull the trailer.

3. Gooseneck trailer with dual tandems would be nice, trailer would multitask.

but, would have to leave my equipment behind while I take load to dump off, then go back for it.

I'm just a lil :frustrate at the moment.

:thanks:

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with the dump truck, some day you will need/want one anyway, plus you can haul your load, and your equipment...

That sounds funny?

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
I'm already into the real estate.

this money is already set aside just for this purpose, of some sort of dumping ability.

the 20k dump trailer gn is my 3rd option, but I mentioned its drawbacks, I would have to leave my equipment behind to go off and dump and then come back for my equipment...

I've found a 16fter for under 10g's, but think I would rather go 20ft.

Helipilot500E

Reaction score
from personal experence (depending on the area of course) dump truck insurance and registration is very expensive. I'd go with the gooseneck trailer even though you have to make two trips. At least check into insurance and other costs before you decide.

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
I wouldn't take the box off your truck you will never find a dump body that will fit your P/U frame. If you were doing alot of dirt hauling then go with a regular dump truck because nothing can beat it. Your other option is buy a cheaper F-Superduty (450) with a dump body on it for the dirt hauling and a regular equipment trailer to haul the equipment around.

What about getting a slip in dump box for your P/U truck it will prolly haul all what you need to do when you don't need the dump lift it out with the Kubota.

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
What about getting a slip in dump box for your P/U truck it will prolly haul all what you need to do when you don't need the dump lift it out with the Kubota.

I have thought about that, but I figured that would just be a pain in the rear.

I called wil-ro and they have a dumpbed for my 350 for 6400. but then I would have to get a pull behind trailer.

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
UPDATE

forgot to mention...

I went ahead and ordered a 20ft g/n dumper with removable sides 20k dual tandem.

I ordered it from Patten Equipment up in Iowa. Randy was 2g's cheaper than the closest competition, and about 4g's cheaper than the average.

will let ya know whether or not it was a good deal hopefully in about 2 weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online