my new WMO heater

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pressure lines will come off, barb fittings will go in their place with regular 3/8 fuel hose attached to them. Main coolan ports will have to be brought down to 5/8 somehow, I'm gonna hit the Lowe's for fittings and such. Then the whole thing gets mounted to the framerail with band-clamps or even worm-clamps. Pics will be taken for sure.

gsgIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
M.L.S.C.
I have never even heard of such a thing. Good Luck. Pictures for sure, we may be E-mailing you for tech article if it works out. Keep good notes also. gsgIDI

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Pressure lines will come off, barb fittings will go in their place with regular 3/8 fuel hose attached to them. Main coolan ports will have to be brought down to 5/8 somehow, I'm gonna hit the Lowe's for fittings and such. Then the whole thing gets mounted to the framerail with band-clamps or even worm-clamps. Pics will be taken for sure.

napa has hose adapters like that there plastic but theyll work i have them on my coolant filter set up does this guy have anymore

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting, never saw one of those before.

It's similar to our block-mounted oil coolers, does the same thing too, only this lives in the bottom of the radiator support. Tis a police-special thing, most civilian cars don't have it.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
napa has hose adapters like that there plastic but theyll work i have them on my coolant filter set up does this guy have anymore

Hey, you're talking about the fittings from 5/8 hose to the big one the cooler uses? Are they in the "help" section, as in they're something universal? I'll have to hit Jackson's NAPA then, hope they even have one, haha!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
It's similar to our block-mounted oil coolers, does the same thing too, only this lives in the bottom of the radiator support. Tis a police-special thing, most civilian cars don't have it.

cool, if you are looking for fittings mcmastercarr online is great for that stuff if you cant find it local.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Speaking of coolant lines and such - since I'm doing a wmo heater too - what size are the threads on the head coolant ports on the 6.9? Anyone know? I can't get out to the truck to check it out myself at the moment...

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Hey, you're talking about the fittings from 5/8 hose to the big one the cooler uses? Are they in the "help" section, as in they're something universal? I'll have to hit Jackson's NAPA then, hope they even have one, haha!

no not in the help section ull half to talk to a counterperson and theyll know or should know what your looking for

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How big do those things get? Cause the cooler has outlets for a radiator hose which is at least 1-1/4", whereas I need to step them down to 5/8" - McMaster Carr didn't seem to have anything of that sort, or at least I couldn't find it.