My New Shop Truck,..

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
IT LIVES!!!!!! Muuuhhaahhaaaaaaa!;Really

Yup, the 1.9L turbo diesel conversion was a success and last night I got to the little abomination come to life.

Pesky neighbor and all I kept right on working till I fired it off.

Sounds purdy darned sweet too with turbo whistle as loud as a big ole Pete.;Sweet

Didn't get a sound clip of it as it was getting late and I needed to tend to the offspring so here's a few pics of the finished product.:thumbsup:

Just gotta tighten up a few hose clamps and get the mechanical gauges installed but that will come after camping weekend.

Attachments

• DSC01822.JPG
    DSC01822.JPG
    883.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01824.JPG
    DSC01824.JPG
    870.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC01825.JPG
    DSC01825.JPG
    839.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
;Sweet WOOHOO,. and the motor isn't PINK!

Looks great Ron, Thanks for all of the hard work. Cant wait to get it here, figure out the exhaust and get it on the road.

cm1hedge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to see a write up on it. Parts, Donor car, problems, etc. My fiancee has an 81 just like it with a gasser:puke: I think I might do the turbo diesel swap sometime soon

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
I would like to see a write up on it. Parts, Donor car, problems, etc. My fiancee has an 81 just like it with a gasser:puke: I think I might do the turbo diesel swap sometime soon

I'm sure I can get something together for ya CM1.

Better take some pics before I send it back home tho.

It's actually a fairly painless swap converting it since the engines were not so vehicle specific.

Now making the replacement motor work in the donor car is another story still in the works.LOL

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Well after pulling the IP of again to make some bracketry swaps to get the Jetta closer to the motor downgrade, Raymen lives again!LOL

And after a short test run around the drive with it yesterday, I must say that for a 1.9L turbocharged engine, that thing has got some balls!:eek:

Yes, posi scratch marks in the drive from just goosing it in 1st gear.:D

It's prolly a good thing that there's some good rubber on them rims cause Darrin is gonna like this lil project.:sly

Now off to the parts store to get a master cylinder so I can call this project finised this week.;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online