My new IDI

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Well guess its time to start a thread while im sitting in a hotel room bored.

I manged to trade off my 86 f150 for an 85 F250 Reg cab LB XLT Lariet. It needs a ton of body work and some minor mechanical stuff. Its got a C6 auto that needs adjusted but its a jasper HD rebuild. 4.10 gears... power everything and most of it works. i need a few items (i posted in the market place)

its ugly but its only got 134k

guess i got to get crackin....its goin to the rally!

You must be registered for see images attach

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the old bed off of my truck before I painted it. It is rusted out over the wheelwells and at the back like yours but the inside is solid and much straighter than the one on your new truck.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I see the pyro is on the down pipe. Please remember that when your pushing the engine. I would think seeing 900 degrees on the pyro is about the limit of safety. Pushing that may turn you around and needing a tow home. Interesting turbo application too.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your pics just persuaded me to buy a set of wheels like yours. I saw them on kijjiji and automatically thought of my moms old xploder haha. But they actually look good on a truck

anyway congrats on the rig! Isn't that turbo setup called psycho billy?

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Thanks gary...i got to get my pyro back from jred to see what its doing. The probe is there but the gauge itself is not. This engine cold starts very well with no smoke too.

Gdhillion.... if your gw buffalo maybe lol. I dont know who made this setup. It looks similar to the one he posted about. It will boost 5-6psi unloaded pretty easy.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a Rayjay manifold to me, look it over it chould have a name cast in it. My BAE one sit's the turbo a bit lower than that, would you mind snapping a pic of where your down pipe runs and also if you can a pic of the oild drain fitting for the turbo. Im geussing it drains into the oil pan like mine will but i'm having a hard time coming up with a realy good way of installing it in my pan..

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
ill try when I get home. im in dover,DE till tuesday night. its hard to get those pics as the turbo hides alot of that stuff

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh by the way nice truck, not bad at all for a pre-86 PA truck.. Are your wheels 16.5's, i have the same ones on my truck and i love the look but they are dam 16.5's..

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup that is definately different they way the turbo is set up. I like that idea better than being crammed into the firewall.

GL with her!!

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you drive it yet?? Just curius how it runs with the turbo and what kinda boost it pulls, mine has an airesearch turbo but it's probly about the same size as the old rotomaster.. I'm planning on puttinmg it on as is for now and upgrading the turbo later aswell as adding an intercooler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online