My new IDI

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure where myerstown is, mapquest has you at 82 miles so no i wont be making that trip soon..

Last edited:

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frame looks pretty clean, id love to have that same truck but with a 4spd.. 80-86 fords are becoming real classics..

Also were you able to get more turbo pics, by chance;Really

Last edited:

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frame looks pretty clean, id love to have that same truck but with a 4spd.. 80-86 fords are becoming real classics..

Also were you able to get more turbo pics, by chance;Really

I have to agree. Maybe my 3 year old son is more into trucks than I knew when he kept telling me not to get rid of the 86 I have with a lot of rust and dents. So I guess I will just be updating some steel parts and other things.

Once again, I LOVE that truck! :hail ;Sweet

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck I meant when I said I loved it to, was yours. Well, and mine too, but I initially meant yours.

I'm tired, it's been a long month.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Not sure where myerstown is, mapquest has you at 82 miles so no i wont be making that trip soon..

wuss lol its not THAT far...

ok...time for an update. got to clean up for the day because i got a party to go to at 3....friends dads 70th b-day party

got the interior gutted and started cutting out the rust. i pulled a door off my ext cab and swapped it temporarily with the Chinese replacement door the previous owner put on so i can make sure my cab corner comes out straight...

You must be registered for see images attach

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have them in WI too. In fact there is so much salt thrown down on the road that deer can be found feeding by the center line

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
ok time for the last update for the weekend....

keep in mind at 3:30pm Friday the truck looked like this...

Friday evening I removed the bed...

Saturday morning...removed the interior and swapped the drivers door and started cutting the major rust holes out of the floor itself.

Today I started buy cutting out the cab corner and worked on trying to get it straight. it was actually twisted in toward the door a bit from where it was hit. I ended up using a bunch of c-clamps...a piece of pipe...a large ratchet strap and one very very large tree to pull it back as straight as i could get it. its still not perfect but its a lot closer and you got to be under 10' from the truck to tell now.

but since my body work kinda sucks (im a computer geek not a body man lol ) you only get the after pics. its all solid metal with garbage Chinese replacement cab corners. they came with the truck so i used them. but they were narrower then the original cab corner so it made it very difficult to line up. im ashamed to say i had to mud it to make it line up but its a work truck and not a show winner.

BEFORE

AFTER

i also patched all the holes on the drivers side. i still need to get some seam sealer for the inside of the cab corner. on the front part i welded in some new steel then slathered all the underside and inside floor pan spots with SEM rust shield. i even used the paint and fiberglass cloth trick over some of the new metal.

next followup will be the pass side

Last edited: