My new IDI

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
It will pull 5-6psi unloaded. I wont be driving much right away. Got to get the body fixed and look over it mechanically to get it rally ready.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i'm geussing even 5lbs of boost is a huge power increase over an NA truck, what about turbo wine.. I'm hoping mine has a good turbo sound atleast.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Thanks gary...i got to get my pyro back from jred to see what its doing. The probe is there but the gauge itself is not.

who me :D

we will have to meet up some night so i can get it back to you

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good! And I see it has one of THOSE turbo's eh? Never actually seen on in person, so this will be nice.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Nice ride, I like it. Does that turbo just utilize the driverside bank of the engine for it's exhaust pressure or is there a crossover pipe?

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Yes it has a crossover pipe....and mel...you can check it out first hand.....and time it right away lol

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks gary...i got to get my pyro back from jred to see what its doing. The probe is there but the gauge itself is not. This engine cold starts very well with no smoke too.

Gdhillion.... if your gw buffalo maybe lol. I dont know who made this setup. It looks similar to the one he posted about. It will boost 5-6psi unloaded pretty easy.

haha well in my defense they look very similar. sooo psycho billy isnt an actual name for a trubo setup?

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
his isnt either....he just called it that

@goose no not really. just till after the rally. im doing some body work and enough mechanical work to make it reliable and thats it on this 85. this is actualy kind of nice. ill be able to use some of the parts not going back on the ext cab on this 85

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha well in my defense they look very similar. sooo psycho billy isnt an actual name for a trubo setup?

Ya no such thing, mines a BAE (Bob's Automotive Enginearing) turbo setup.. I just saw it and thought "psycho billy" so i bought it rite away..

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh she's a tough looking unit! Honestly, that's nice when the traffic is all nuts and tight because like mine it scares away a bunch of the nice looking cars that want to run you off the road. Some are just plain nuts and don't care, but that's where all that steel and diesel goodness comes into play.

I really think that turbo setup is pretty neat looking, easy to get to! Where would our appreciation for mechanical fabrication be if everything was the same? I'd be curious to know how well it works, though I am sure that it definitely improves upon an already hard working NA engine.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so did you get more pics today, realy interested in seeing the down pipe and oil return.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Nope...i took the night off....after 6 hrs total driving....240 miles...and a 16hr day and a 12hr day back to back im still a bit tired. Ill try tomorrow. Lol or you could just come look at it over the weekend