my new aussie f350

aussiedave

TOKEN AUSSIE
Reaction score
this is my new(second hand) ride http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/FORD/F350/New South Wales/csn1595250.aspx
ford australia 2003 f350 XL SUPERCAB 7.3 PSD 4X4 DRW 6 SPEED MANUAL STEEL CHECKER PLATE FLAT BED 122,OOO MILES (only 200 every come in to australia of this f350 model, now superdutys are deleted)

what major servicing issues would i be looking at for this truck at 122,000 miles?
injectors, turbo, driveline etc?
it does lack low down torque below 2200 rpm, could this be a fuel delivery pump issue from the fuel tank?
i am willing to spend money on this truck to get it right.
its a working puller not a drag truck.
remember its bone stock.
sugestions for mods please .
THIS IS MY FIRST POWERSTROKE DIESEL
thanks dave
PS
my old truck is in my sig below
its was a damn good truck i just out grew a f250
that little i6 diesel was amazing it had in it

Last edited:

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Dave, Congratulations on your new PSD. ;Sweet Check your link. It does not work for me. :dunno

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be scuffed injectors making you lose some power, but this is only a guess, so dont go replacing all 8 without some further diagnosis, i can tell you one cheap thing that wouldnt hurt to replace, your fuel filter, id start with that

any sort of cold start missing happening?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well first off the steering wheel is on the wrong side!!!!:rotflmao nice lookin truck.your waste gate on the turbo could be stuck open.could be a weak fuel pump.but i doubt it.truck runs fine other than low nuts below 2200RPM?hook it to a trailler and see what happens,i bet there is nothing wrong with it.it needs to build boost before it starts makeing good power.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave was used to the inline 6 his old F-250 had, the PSD V-8 is a totally different beast. Get them rev's up there Dave, she'll pull.