my fauct pump install pics

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pulling the stock fuel pump was the hardest part for me because i had pull vac pump to kinda see what i was tring to do

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my wobble extensions :angel: Straight on isn't always the best. 1/4" wobbly makes it easier to navigate. Same with the starter ;Sweet

I'll probably use steel lines as well, or flex hose with the metal sheath... something more durable than hose if I can help it. Either way I want it in there!

How are you guys hooking it into the electrical system? I know its easy to hook into something that powers up on key-on but wheres a good spot for that, that ain't too hard to tap into:confused:

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you use oil-rtv or the gasket or both? I just don't need another leaking spotLOL

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how they managed but that stupid factory fuel pump is so hard to get at. I was very glad that I was not replacing it...I had a hard enough time just getting the block off plate in there right.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how they managed but that stupid factory fuel pump is so hard to get at. I was very glad that I was not replacing it...I had a hard enough time just getting the block off plate in there right.

It is much easier to do if you take a few things out of the way first......:D
You must be registered for see images

......... like the truck.:rotflmao

Heath

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where should I hook up the hot to? I want the pump on when the key is on. Not sure if I should tap into a fuse or what :dunno

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fsv wire will work but i used a on off switch that i can turn it on and off if needed

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
k is that the fuel sender? or did you mean the fuel shutoff solenoid?

nvm i figured something out. Thanks. Sorry for hijacking if at all

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the red/light green striped wire on the GP controller as a signal wire and ran power through a relay. Works great!