My $200 Dana 60!!

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
i ordered a complete F-350 steering kit (long and short drag link/long and short tie rods) from e bay for like $129 shipped...its not name brand but it'll due for now (going on my SAS'd 93 F-150).

actually, i have a spare short tie rod/drag link...that what ya need? heh, they sent me an extra one.

oh and i expect a proper TTB salute as well once urs is out...
You must be registered for see images attach

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
A&A was able to order the tie rod to pitman arm that i need for $25. ;Sweet i think i'm gonna throw in the rear w/out the drag link till i find it. i figure scouts and IH pickups don't have a drag link how bad can it handle.....? :dunno

-Jon

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
I wouldn't run it without everything installed. Just asking for issues & steering & brakes are 2 things I never want to mess with when I'm going 55mph down the road.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
these trucks really need a track bar, it helps with lateral movement (side to side). will it hurt to run w/o one? slim chance no, but like cat said, i wouldnt run it without one.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
It's in!! ;Sweet;Sweet:D got outta work, ran to my friends and grabbed the tourches, took about 3 hours, straightforward swap. LOL the total bill, axle and all is $256, i know it's alot, but sometimes you have to pay to play! :rotflmao

i got the tie rod end from A&A, then i got a new wheel seal from the 'zone. i was able to steal the TTB spindle nuts and i greased and reused an old bearing to replace the missing one...shhh. ;p torched the TTB junk out, 2 bolts were BROKEN off the pass side arm bracket! :puke::eek: glad it's gone. i reused the old u bolts, and took 2 grease fitting for the u-joints, they had block off plugs where they would go.... cookoo:dunno the calipers had the same part #'s on them so i didn't have to swap them. ;Sweet i didn't get a trackbar yet, but it handles fine, fast, slow or bumpy.... :confused: i guess when i get a 4" lift, they SHOULD come with a dropdown bracket (no?) then i just need the bar, or i'll make one.

it's hard to see the axle in with the plow bracket jungle there but there i am putting the u joint u bolts in. then i took one in the dark. :rolleyes:

next swap....4 SPEED! :peelout

-Jon

Attachments

• straight swap 1.jpg
    straight swap 1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 3
  • straight swap 2.jpg
    straight swap 2.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 4
  • straight swap 3.jpg
    straight swap 3.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 4
  • straight swap 4.jpg
    straight swap 4.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 5
  • straight swap 5.jpg
    straight swap 5.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 4
  • straight swap 6.jpg
    straight swap 6.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 4

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
these trucks really need a track bar, it helps with lateral movement (side to side). will it hurt to run w/o one? slim chance no, but like cat said, i wouldnt run it without one.

These trucks NEED a track bar. Seems like everytime someone complains about a death shake after hitting a bump it's traced back to not having a track bar installed. You don't need to be walking all over the road in a 7000lbs truck. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online

No members online now.