Muscateer

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok found me a single cyl diesel engine today. Uncertain of the actual displacement or HP or TQ rating. I was told it was from a large Gen set so it could be 6.5 to 12 or perhaps 15 HP. I did not get a great look it was dirty and such. The unit has an electric start, and a tapered 1" shaft, comes with a decent exhaust to help quiet it down, and fuel tank and related controls.;Sweet

I can get it for 150 bucks:thumbsup:, it would be good if it was 10 or more HP as that would be ideal to replace the 12 HP Tecumseh gasser that my Muscateer had.

Only other option is a $800 made in China:puke: single Cyl 10 HP engine that can be found at Princess Auto here in Canada.

If I could find me a nice 12 - 15 HP diesel cheap or there bouts I would be ecstatic as that would be perfect for my plans.

:yell:Anyone know where I can get a really really really tiny turbo that could work on a small diesel engine as the ones I am discussing? Maybe that would wake up a unit real good eh?cookoo

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy shitzekies...from rain to **** warm here.

Well now that the forklift is gone done deal, I've moved onto some of my own projects again!

Thus today, I've began working on this unit once again.

I've got my hyd lines all sorted out, (I HOPE) mounted the fuel tank, got one chain guard on for passenger side, and got the steering controls mounted too.

Kinda working on the engine mounts and such next. I've got to get one large cotter key for one axle and also install that drive chain too.

Then some simple wiring, lights, ign switch and a voltage reg install elec fuel pump and line and fuel filter, and I suppose finally toss some seats at the unit and fuel into it then a battery and fire it up!

I'm hoping that this works ok and goes like hell. LOL I so want to go doing some fun ***** with it and see if it can swim too!

I'll post pics soon enough.

Just needed a hydration break it's hot in my shop and wanted a rest!

Al

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online