mr. i can fix all help me please

dixie_stud69

Reaction score
alrite please help heres my situation put a head gasket on puttin engine back together with haynes manual an did the big no removed timing gear and cover but put everything back together and so thought its out of time tried our best to find cam alignment tooth but couldnt so put it back together again and still not firing turnin over but not firing ive been tinkering with this for to long tryin get all help i can all did i mention #1 glowplug is still in block an wont come out ive read about all these posts and tried all of them didnt want to take off front cover and dont have money to take to a shop i read alot of i can fix all threads lets see if u can help me

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have got to find the timing mark on the cam gear and line it up on the IP gear or it will never run. Sorry, but, that's what you gotta get done. Once you get that problem solved, then you can tackle the stuck glow plug.

CLICK HERE

AND HERE.

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sorry but... I can't help anyone that lives in Kentucky....:eek: Just kidding you... I have friends in Bowlingreen.... So... You pulled off the grear cover with the pump attached and you can't get the number one glow plug out... Gees.... Your in a sticky wicked mess eh.....:sly About the easiest way to find top dead center on number one is pull the passenger side valve cover. Watch the intake valve action. It opens just before the top of a stroke. Then it cloese at the bottom of the stroke. Now as it comes up to the top both valves are closed and you will see the timing marks on the crank. You want the shorter of the two probe fittings. There is a small line printed into the timing tab. Now find the article about this gear timing method in the above tech articles. Its really easy just mark a line across the gear and set it in.... Do not try to leave the gear attached to the housing and pump. Its just too hard to make sure you have the gear alinged properly. Others will be along shortly to assist where I may have left something out.... Post back for any help or questions... Much easier to ask a question than fix a mistake.... They can be costly and time consuming ...

dixie_stud69

Reaction score
thank u for the info i will try this as soon as i get a day off and give u the updates if i ever get the thing runnin i will give u an award for bein mr fix it all and will believe that u truly can fix everything

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks Dixie.... The one thing I can't fix is a broken heart....:D But most anything else I usually find a way to fix it. My daughter always thought the tv show called McGyver was made about me because she knew I could fix anything.....:sly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online