MPG Gain's

Elliott

Reaction score
Well Iraq right now but really Evansville IN
How's everyone doing good I hope? It's finally getting nice weather in souther IL.

I am wanting to know what kinda fuel gains you all have gotten with your MOD's and what ones you went with?

I have a 04 3500 SRW Cummins 4x4 and am thinking about going with a Air Dog fuel system reports of up to 2mpg gains, Banks Ram Air 1-2, CFM+ air intake up to 10% mpg, electric fan like 1-2mpg, and a Hypertech E-CON 4mpg gain in a Diesel World Mag (Feb 11 issue) guy driving a 06 Ford F-250 4X4 with a 4" hp muffler and Airaid replacement filter looks like was on b4 programer. What's your thoughts and inputs? Thanks for your thoughts and help.

Elliott

Reaction score
I am getting 22-23 doing 55mph like 19 at 65mph both empty. I am thinking I would like 28mpg to 30mpg empty the final up grade I want to switch the front hubs to manul locking hubs but that's like $1500 to $2000

Elliott

Reaction score
Hypertech

Ok I finely got a programer. Got a Hypertech Max Energy from AutoAnything.com they have 10% off on some items + free shipping. It coast me $296.96 saved like $30. Pretty easy install plug and play. 3 stages + other stuff speed odomiter fix for tires, rev lim, top speed, shift points, and tells CDT codes.
Good mag to get is diesel power mag helpful info on all diesel stuff

Elliott

Reaction score
mpgs

ok I have some starting MPGs. With no add ons except muffler removed and bigger pipe from there back
Interstate doing 68mph on flat ground unloaded 22.1-22.5mpgs
Highway doing 55 on flat ground unloaded 25mpgs

Will get back on programer gains.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda what i was wondering. My overhead computer calculated mileage is about 2mpg better than if i hand calculate it.

-Jordan-

Elliott

Reaction score
Sorry thats on my over head i ment to put that last nite but was tired and not thinking. I Plan on in the next couple of days taking the same trip i took but with a stage one tune this time. Evan thou I use the over head and if it goes up then it still means it went up right? (I don't mean for that to sound smart just tryin to get your views and input) Trying to help ya'll out and welcome yall's iput. . . Is there a way to calculate MPG's on not a set amount of fuel/distance/refuel doing it 3 times. . . . . O have you guys heard of manual locking hubs by SpynTec $1550? Any input.

Elliott

Reaction score
other up grades

here is a list of up grades I plan on going with? (any input is welcome). . . AFE Stage 2 XP-7 part # 75-10412 ($258.20), CFM Air Intake manifold ($339.95), Air Dog 100 fuel system ($530.00), Flex-a-Lite fan part # 264 good up to 18,000 GVW ($579.95), ATS Exhaust 2 peace ($470.25), SpynTec Manual locking hubs ($1550), and Gauges.

steved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Evan thou I use the over head and if it goes up then it still means it went up right?

O have you guys heard of manual locking hubs by SpynTec $1550? Any input.

Nope, once you add a programmer, the overhead (which wasn't accurate to begin with) is even less reliable. Hand calculating is the only real way to get even close.

I have the DynaTrac kit that is similar to the SpynTec, been installed since 05 and currently has just shy of 200k on it...

steved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, the amount of $$ your spending would buy a lot of fuel...it all depends on how long you intend to keep the rig. If you're one who changes rigs every couple years, you will never see the return on your investment.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the mods you want to add those all look good i only have 2 opinions. First as far as the CFM intake manifold you can spend that much if you want but try this company for just as good of a product for less than half the price
http://www.pusherintakes.com/category_s/5.htm
Also as far as gauges there alot of good ones out there like Isspro, autometer, Wesatech. Just stay away from glowshift

-Jordan-