most MPG's 05-F250

bigjohnsonzc

Reaction score
so reaserch is the way to go here, ive gotten a few different oppinions on this and i was wondering what others there might be.... :yell: i know alot of you have different ideas, and would like to know the same stuff so... ;Sweet
right now i get avg 15mpgs but the problem with that is i cant always know what im getting all the time. i have a 52+ gallon tank so its really hard to get readings in the middle of my driving.. i would like to see avg 18's

i have a cool air intake
turbo back exhaust

thats it.

Let me know what i shoud do:thumbsup:

tgatch

Reaction score
I drive an 04 and am averaging about 15.8 or so. Best I ever got was a solo, non-towing trip from Riverside, CA to Meridian, ID with an average running speed of about 70MPH was 19.98 MPG on that 832 Mile run

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Try keeping the RPM's below 2000 (1800 seems to be optimal), also no jackrabbit starts or hard braking. And keep the tires inflated properly. Fuel filters are another biggie, make dang sure you change them every 10k.

On my '06 I managed to average about 17 in town and about 19-20 on the highway, this was non towing but with about 500lbs of stuff in the tool box or bed.

just my .02 worth.

Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After getting a consistant 9-10mpg out of my old 94 F350, 14 or above would be great. Still thinking about a chip though.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try keeping the RPM's below 2000 (1800 seems to be optimal), also no jackrabbit starts or hard braking. And keep the tires inflated properly. Fuel filters are another biggie, make dang sure you change them every 10k.

On my '06 I managed to average about 17 in town and about 19-20 on the highway, this was non towing but with about 500lbs of stuff in the tool box or bed.

just my .02 worth.

BINGO, your right foot and driving conditions have more affect on fuel economy than anything else.

I get 10 - 11 mpg towing my 8k 28' travel trailer. Haven't had a chance to check my empty run around town & hwy milage yet.

nola6.0L

Reaction score
Hello all, I too am new to this forum, and was looking to get better MPG's for my 2005 6.0L 4x4. Only mods so far have been an performance intake filter,
5" catback exhaust and a hypertech programmer. Any thoughts on mods or proven fuel additives?

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone looked into getting the tuning that International uses on their VT 365. Its the same engine i believe, they run dont run as much power as the PS tuning but im guessing that it gets better fuel economy.

Tangi Cowboy

Tangi Cowboy
Reaction score
I have a 2006 F250,completely stock, I was getting 16.0 to 17.2 combined city-hiway until I changed my oil to Super S brand full synthetic, and now I get at least 17.9 to 18.2 combined city-hiway. Super S is produced locally up here in Roseland, LA by Smittys Supply.

Tangi Cowboy

Tangi Cowboy
Reaction score
Up date, I filled up today and added 11 ozs of Lucas Fuel Treatment, a regular 80 mile trip I take, my fuel monitor showed 21.1, I don't know what is in that stuff but it made my mileage jump about 3 mpg. It's hard to beleive. I will test it again thursday on a ttrip to New Orleans just to see if I made some kind of mistake.

Attachments

• r0310981.jpg
    r0310981.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

alanh

Reaction score
My 06 was getting 14 to 15 in town highway then I lost the low pessure oil pump and turbo which Ford replaced. I got it home and it would not start so back to Ford oil pressure switch was bad so they replased it they said they flashed the Prom now I get 12 to 13 what the heck happened?
I'm installing a 4" cat back from Flowmaster with the new Hush muffler I hope it works.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online