Most HP and TQ a 10.25 can take?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Yeah I'm planning on 14xx series u joints. Any idea on your tube diameter and thickness? I'd like to order the thickest tube possible when we build the shafts. I think with the divorced t case that's already more u joints and driveshafts than I want spinning around under the truck! LOL

I'll try to remember to crawl under there tomorrow and measure those suckers. They look like they belong on a dang semi :eek: ( the front shaft was basically at maximum length for a single shaft.... for a car, but there was no way in hell he was going to build it like a standard shaft for teh kind of loads involved so he went super overkill ) The rear shaft is setup with a 1550 joint, slip yoke combination that is simply massive I had to use jackstands and straps to get both of them in place

I know what you mean when you get a bunch of stuff going under there. t can be a nightmare getting it all lined up. A little trick I figured out for taming ujoint vibrations when mounting my brownie that might help with a divorced Tcase is to set your mounts with stacked washers on both sides of all the mounts, then if you get any vibrations, you can pull washers from above or below and swap around to change the angle of teh box depending on how you need to re arrange the joint angles to eliminate the vibration. Sometimes it doesnt matter how much measuring and calculating you do, you can still end upp with a noise that needs adjusting with multiple shafts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online