mosse pump mpg gains...???

tractorman86

Reaction score
no fuel in the valley... what makes me think that someting is leaking is on startup it runs ruff as hell like its loaded up and takes a bit to clear out....

that does sound like air in the fuel, do the return lines and check the schrader valve on the filter housing

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet, another arkansas guy here.

random info brians truck shop (bts) is located about 20 mins from me, and they do sell IDI performance parts, i work with their mother.

sureshot40sw

Reaction score
that does sound like air in the fuel, do the return lines and check the schrader valve on the filter housing

I have had to bleed the shrader on the filter a few times... here in the last 2 months I have had 2 tanks of watered down fuel and air in the line...

anybody got a link to info on the return lines....???

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I have had to bleed the shrader on the filter a few times... here in the last 2 months I have had 2 tanks of watered down fuel and air in the line...

anybody got a link to info on the return lines....???

Dieselmann has the return line kits, third picture down. You just pop the injector fittings off, pull the plastic caps off, cut the new lines to match the old set, assemble the mess,pull the old orings off, grease the new orings and install them ( top first then bottom, use a pick tool and don't tear them ) push the new retun caps firmly all the way down, rea install the injector line fittings. done.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
You can use one of those brake shoe adjusting tools to pry them out and a big enough long socked to give hem a little tap to sit too. As RLDSL said use a lubricant on the new rings before installation, I use plenty of vaseline.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be an old thread in the marketplace about them, but essentially its a modified DB2 pump recalibrated for turbo IDI engines. Mel Agne, a member here, sources them through a local Stanadyne Dealer. What exactly he does to them is proprietary but most likely we're looking at adjusting the timing curve to keep EGTs under control and fooling around with the plungers to move LOTS of fuel. Mel started sourcing these in response to the fact that Ken at DPS makes a similar unit however his customer service leaves a lot to be desired, and people loved those pumps but hated having to wait weeks sometimes to get hold of Ken. A hopped up DB2 whether a Moose, A DPS or your own local builder's is for somebody that has a turbo and an EGT and boost gauge and doesn't mind watching gauges. A stock pump can produce damaging EGTs, one of these can blow the heads off or melt the motor together if you aren't careful, but that's the fault of the driver not the product in my view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.