More cold issues

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
This's just started acouple days ago but my truck will start loping in the mornings when I start it for school it's been in like the 40's today it was 41 and it started loping then just died and I've spent 20 mins out here trying to keep this thing running.ive kept it at like 2000 rpms I've done everything and just now got it to stay running.tou could just let off and it die like you turned the key.what the hells goin on here.it bucks when it's cold and you drive down the road I mean it's insane how hard it bucks. https://vimeo.com/142777697 https://vimeo.com/142777726

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sounds like starving for fuel. When did you last change the fuel filter.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it bucks it sucks, air that is.

Is your hi idle solenoid working? Did ya cycle the foot pedal one time?

Idiforlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get some clear hose and trace where air is getting in . Do you have stock Water separator on ?

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
No water seperator at all and gonna change the filter tommorrow and I think it's one of the caps it was wet today so we shall see after school tommorrow

mntwins7

Broken 6.9
Reaction score
Def sounds like air intrusion. Also I would check the HIS like OLDBULL8 said.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
The hi idle does not work but I mean you would think sitin there with the throttle down it wouldn't matter

mntwins7

Broken 6.9
Reaction score
The hi idle does not work but I mean you would think sitin there with the throttle down it wouldn't matter

What do your injector return lines look like?

Also, I can't remember who, but a member did a video of a setup where they checked for air in the fuel lines. I'll try to find it.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
It was a cap i replaced it and the orings and so far so good but know im noticing a huge puddle of either fuel or oil under my truck at school I gotta check out tommrrow.if I was fuel Id think it wouldn't start so easy as it does so im thinking im leaking oil bad

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad you appear to have fixed one problem but I feel you created another. Generally talking when you disturb the return line system to fix one leaker you create another leaker. so its best advise to change out the caps, hoses and o rings on all injectors.