Moose Pump Is Done

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mel sent me a pm... My Moose pump is done and will be shipped this direction on Monday.....:D :Thumbs Up ;Sweet :hail Its like Christmas in March... He told me the pump was rebuild about 8 years ago and very little was damaged or worn in it. It did have some rust inside but I didn't ask how that would have gotten in there. I bought this 5070 pump from DIS in Texas about 4 years ago so I guess they had it sitting around for a few years. I'm really pleased with the cost of this pump. Its really not much more than any other rebuild being sold out there... And I have a Moose pump... More to come after I run it and get it timed to 8.5 this time. Some may remember the last time I took it in for timing.. The goobers set it for 6.5 tellling me thats what the factory calls for... Anything between 6.5 and 8.5..... Well I want my 8.5 and I will be getting it this time.... Its what I'm paying $80.00 for so I'll just sit around and watch so I know I'm getting what I'm paying for.... Someday I'll have my own Snapon timing meter.....Wish... Wish.... P.S... I'm going to have to update my signiture now...

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Well dang Gary, Stick that puppy on and take her for a little drive over here and we'll time it up :D That ought to be a nice *little * drive to stretch it's legs out. Give you plenty of time for a good before and after comparison :rotflmao

--------Robert

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Oh I will be driving to Arkansas. I want Brian to drive the rig and tell me everything is just fine. I really don't know how much better the trans can be so I want hime looking at it and fine tune it if necessary.... This $4.25 plus a gallon is for the birds though....-cuss

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Tell me about it. :backoff We've already planned to drag the 5er out your way this summer to take the kids out to see Grandma this year in CA and so far in the last couple of months, our fuel estimate for the whole trip has gone up by about a grand :eek:

2manydsls

Reaction score
Hey Gary, if you want to time it yourself, bring it to Victorville. I've got both a Snap-On and a pulse type timing meter you can use. I'll even help!!! You'll
just have to catch me at home as I'm between Victorville and Lake Isabella.
Let me know.
Ross

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He told me the pump was rebuild about 8 years ago and very little was damaged or worn in it. It did have some rust inside but I didn't ask how that would have gotten in there. I bought this 5070 pump from DIS in Texas about 4 years ago so I guess they had it sitting around for a few years.
Very interesting...actually, I think the rust explains a bit about the premature failure of your pump...and, considering that yours isn't that much newer than mine, also might help to explain the issue I've mentioned with my pump...I wonder how common of an issue this is with DIS pumps?

Congrats on (almost) getting back on the road!! ;Sweet Can't wait to hear the results...

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to here that another moose pump has found a home;Sweet . It sounds like it's about time for you to install an intercooler too:D . With the moose pump, intercooler, turbo upgrades, and 5" exhaust my truck is no longer the same. It can flat out move now. I am very pleased with how it runs now. The highest egt I've seen was 1050 so I think I might need more fuel yet:D :D .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online