moose power?

Black dawg

Reaction score
is that mister vs stock injector comparison against bb injectors? i'm curious about the difference between bbs and misters

a good bb code injector looks very similar spray pattern wise as that mm. There looks to be much more volume from that mm though. I have not seen a mm in person though so dont take my word for it.

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oldbull8, i planned to get the blower off of ebay for about $200. then $100 for shippin. unless you can get me one cheaper??

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Now thats one classy way to put a real **** statement.

How many build threads have you posted to help people duplicate your results? I don't even see any sort of help in this thread for the OP. Just a blanket statement that could be considered simply bragging followed by more bragging with a smart assed attitude and a sugarcoated personal attack. Hey I won't sugar coat anything, don't come into a thread and post a short comment to a very technical issue. You can't just say "I run 20psi boost and never run over 1100*EGT". You're making this more difficult that pulling teeth, even now you still have not said what you've done to your engine to net those kinds of results. I have lots of experience with these engines and I have NEVER seen a stock configured 093 turbo system produce the kind of results you are talking about. My family currently owns 3 factory IDIT trucks, one with a modified turbo that has the same exhaust crossover and down pipe that yours has, and I'll tell you even with the stock turbo pump that truck will run over 1200* towing a single car trailer. I've worked on these trucks since I was 6 or 7 years old, so don't call me stupid. I've been trying to give the OP ides and answer his questions to the best of my ability, trying to ad as much information to the topic as I can.

Im not trying to be an ass or anything but i was seeing really high boost with my 093 and my mods are pretty simple, I have a maxed turbo pump, BB injectors set to pop at 2300 psi, crossover pipe wrapped, homebuilt downpipe, then 3 inch exhuast no muffler after that but only to the rear tire, ram-air intake, timing is really advanced it has a real slow pretty idle kinda lopy real rattly and when i get on it, it rattles big time, all that is how i make the boost i make, i need to crank the truck and let it run its been awhile, i just need about a can of ether tho:rotflmao

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder guys, to please watch the personal comments and name calling. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but like mom told you, if you can't say nothin' nice, don't say anything at all.

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
a good bb code injector looks very similar spray pattern wise as that mm. There looks to be much more volume from that mm though. I have not seen a mm in person though so dont take my word for it.

cool, thanks for the info. would be cool if someone could make a vid comparing the misters to the bbs and the stage ones from dps. just so we can see the difference for ourselves.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
cool, thanks for the info. would be cool if someone could make a vid comparing the misters to the bbs and the stage ones from dps. just so we can see the difference for ourselves.

Crude way of putting things but watch yourself ****, now imagine that out of and injector except much less "fuel" NO automization they suck all the do is ****:rotflmao. i had a set of DPS injectors, they smoked like a train with a stock tuned pump got zero fuel milage and idled horribly missed badly on cold starts, pulled them out and threw them on the ground! they are still there to this day! put my injectors that i had the pop pressure set on in my engine never had a problem since ran like a champ!

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that the DPS injectors aren't as good as Moose Misters but I musta got lucky cus mine actually work decently. Lol

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
david, how much boost are you pushin, what mods do you have, and what are your EGTs like?

just a thought: does anyone make a full ceramic, or maybe just a ceramic topped piston for the 6.9??

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
david, how much boost are you pushin, what mods do you have, and what are your EGTs like?

just a thought: does anyone make a full ceramic, or maybe just a ceramic topped piston for the 6.9??

When boost was at 20psi and i was smoke free i had 1050-1100 EGT, when i made 28psi i didnt have the EGT gauge hooked up, but i was clouding the road in smoke

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure I understand. The video link I posted IS a comparison of a good stock BB to a Moose Mister. We've done demonstrations at rallies of what the DPS injectors look like, and they do pass more fuel, but it is NOT atomized in any way. The "spray" pattern is not streight down, and "walks" around randomly, whizzing in different directions.

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
I see. The video said the moose misters were based off bb injectors but it didn't say what the stock injector was being demonstrated (unless I read it wrong)

I know dps injectors are junk but a video showing just how bad they are in comparison to bbs and misters would help keep people away from them. Those are the 3 "performance" injectors, so showing how each sprays in a video would be handy.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Errr...okay. Lots of opinions floating around in here. If blowers were no good for diesels, then what have companies started to produce them to fill the power void where the turbo falls short?

Your EGTs do not work the same on a gasser as they do on a diesel. If you cram too much air into a gasser, you burn stuff. On a diesel, the more air you cram in, the cooler the EGTs are (this is leaving out the ACT from boost/IC debate). I think what the debate was about 1100* is a good way to see that when you are out of fuel, it will not heat up anymore. Not sure if that is 100% what he has done, but I think it is one way to make it work.

Now for the blower setup. I am going to run a M90 off of a supercoupe. The output of the IDI is only 20cfms more than the 3.8. With a stock seutp, they made 15ish psi. I think with mine, I will be able to see 10 if not more. If you have never driven a positive displacement blower vehicle, you should before saying they will not work. Instant boost is king. And when you are doing things like I am, you want to operate as low in the RPM band as possible.

SWS

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Errr...okay. Lots of opinions floating around in here. If blowers were no good for diesels, then what have companies started to produce them to fill the power void where the turbo falls short?

Your EGTs do not work the same on a gasser as they do on a diesel. If you cram too much air into a gasser, you burn stuff. On a diesel, the more air you cram in, the cooler the EGTs are (this is leaving out the ACT from boost/IC debate). I think what the debate was about 1100* is a good way to see that when you are out of fuel, it will not heat up anymore. Not sure if that is 100% what he has done, but I think it is one way to make it work.

Now for the blower setup. I am going to run a M90 off of a supercoupe. The output of the IDI is only 20cfms more than the 3.8. With a stock seutp, they made 15ish psi. I think with mine, I will be able to see 10 if not more. If you have never driven a positive displacement blower vehicle, you should before saying they will not work. Instant boost is king. And when you are doing things like I am, you want to operate as low in the RPM band as possible.

SWS

You are comparing an eaton m-90 to a detroit 8-71. The eaton superchargers are made to make a lot over atmospheric pressure boost, the detroit blowers were not. The eaton superchargers can turn 12,000 rpm continually, whereas the detroits have to be modified to spin with a gasser (not sure of the rpm). There is a reason all the manufacturers use eaton blowers instead of 8-71 blowers. Sure 8-71's look cool, but I just don't think that is the best choice. Why do you think Detroit went to using turbochargers? Also, the m90's are easier to run an intercooler, and if you bolt an 8-71 to go straight into your intake, you can't cool the air.

If psi and cfm are all you care about, than just about anything will work, but air temperature is just as important as those two. The number on your boost gauge doesn't mean everything.

If your 6.9 at 70 degrees n/a (14.7psia) 3300rpm will flow 25lbs/min, than with 15psi boost (29.7psia) non i/c at 300degrees the same engine will flow 50lbs/min right? Wrong. It will only flow 35lbs/min. If you get that temp down to 130 degrees ( typical intercooled temperature) you'll be at 46 lbs/min. All these would be at about the same cfm, just more actual air.

I'm not saying nobody should put on an 8-71 blower it would be cool, and it would work okay, but I don't think it would be any better than the turbos that are already widely available. Now, if you absolutely need the boost right off the line, that's a different story, but the turbo truck will be better off right when it spools.

I still think the best think for about 20psi the best thing would be an m112 blower pushing into the ats or banks turbo, then off to the intercooler. Then, the supercharger would only have to make 8psi boost, which would keep it efficient, with a low power draw, and have really good top end. You would probably have to up size your turbine though.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oldbull8, i planned to get the blower off of ebay for about $200. then $100 for shippin. unless you can get me one cheaper??

Just got back on this thread. That was years ago when I used to get the blowers off of the 8V71 at Wooster. I do know where an engine is setting in a barn, my friend just passed away, I still have a V730 Allison there. You better get that one off ebay, they are getting scarce.