Moose or DPS pump on WMO

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone with either a Moose or DPS pump and injectors been running on WMO/WO? How were the results, mileage on the pump, etc.?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Yup just a heads up straight from Mel alternative fuels kill the warranty. That being said they would probably be fine.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
IIRC biofarmer has a baby moose and runs alternative fuels, search and youll find it

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, Mel has said that fuel cocktails void his warranty. You would have to call Ken and ask him, but I wouldn't expect him to warranty his turbo cal pump with WMO either. It's true that Biofarmer93 runs cocktails, he understands the risks and that the warranty goes into the round filing cabinet. I'm sure his setup is good. I can tell he's no dummy. Use WMO if you like just recognize the risks. There's plenty of info on here about how to do it and minimize the risks.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's an awfully expensive pump to be running garbage with. the U-haul pumps were perfect for that work.;Sweet

DragRag

Reaction score
Honestly, who gives a rats behind on warranty. When you figure out that running 50% WMO saves you $50 per fill up you figure out real fast that you can a whole new engine in just 70 fill ups. At two fill ups a week you can buy a new engine in less then a year of using alternative fuels. That being said moose pumps and injectors don't fit my budget anyway. But really, run the cocktail, you win in the long run no matter.

Last edited:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think DragRag has the right idea, unless downtime would cost you lots of money or you have to pay to have the work done. If I had to buy pump diesel I could not afford my truck and that's the sad truth. I only have one tank but most of us have 2X19 gallons at 3.99/gallon that is $151.62, Talk about not in the budget...

wmoguy

Reaction score
I'm running my DPS pump on WMO and have been for roughly 9k miles w/ the turbo cal pump. Outside of higher cost for the pump, there's nothing different about the "hot pumps" vs. a Uhaul pump that would make the "hot pumps" more susceptible to failure.

BTW, I flat out told Ken multiple times I was/would be/am using WMO in mine, he said nothing about it affecting warranty, even after asking about warranty.

Dragrag is right, who cares about warranty. I could buy a new pump every year and still save 3k a year by running WMO blends in my IDI.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
$3.99 a gallon...:eek::eek: Sure as hell not around these parts. I see it at $4.89 and as low as $4.19 but never in the below $4.00 mark....

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$4.89!!!!:puke:

Dang! I'm buying it for more than a dollar cheaper than that. That sucks Gary.

Heath

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Perhaps they should put some more wells of the coast of California....but wait "they" dont want that.

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Garbage?;Really Whatever sir, that old saw about opinions comes to mind... My mix is filtered 20X finer than you can buy at the pump. My mix is centrifuged 5 passes hot and dewatered with the 'fuge output going straight into a 0.5 micron filter bag over and over and over. I have the utmost respect for Mel, but nothing EVER breaks (in my life anyway) during the warranty period. So far @ 17,000 miles the Baby Moose is performing flawlessly. I WILL SAY THOUGH- that I have learned to thin with K1, and that all by itself makes a hell of a difference in the viscosity of the finished product which is 70%WMO/*** & 30% K1.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Bio, where are you buying the K1?

I've been buying biodiesel locally pretty darn cheap. So i've been using that to thin along with a little rug. truck loves it. Filter mechanically with plain spinon filters but am looking to get a fuge soon.

Going back to the OP's question. I'm running a uhaul pump in my truck with the cocktails for fuel. I have a modded pump (not crazy like what Ken or Mel's pumpologist do) but i stuck a cheapo uhaul pump in just cause they're dirt cheap.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, who gives a rats behind on warranty. When you figure out that running 50% WMO saves you $50 per fill up you figure out real fast that you can a whole new engine in just 70 fill ups. At two fill ups a week you can buy a new engine in less then a year of using alternative fuels. That being said moose pumps and injectors don't fit my budget anyway. But really, run the cocktail, you win in the long run no matter.

That's what i was thinking but I just wanted feedback from some who've actually done it. 9k miles is apprx. $2k worth of fuel so it'd still be cheaper to replace Moose pump and Moose injectors then to run diesel. Now the decision is how much I want to spend!