Moonvisor repair question

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to pull my moon visor due to a minor leak just above the rear view mirror. I have rewired the harness from what was left of it. All the lights work and I resealed the lenses, but the previous owner did not hook up the harness to any parking lights, I have searched and no answers on where the nearest parking light wire to splice into, I have heard you hook into the headlight switch but I haven't found any info on which wire to use.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the passenger side behind the kick panel inside the truck there is a connector there that they used for the cab lights. They are suppose to be wired into that.

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i'll be damned, there is a plug there. Now where to find the male connector is real question, or should i just splice into it.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that connector has flat-blade terminals, just put flat-blade terminals of the opposite gender on your wires coming from the visor lights, and connect them individually. No cutting of the original wiring required.

Last edited:

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally had time today to finish it up, i ended up bringing the wiring across the top of the windshield inside that metal cover(just above the rear view mirror) and I used the same bullet connectors (female) that you would use to replace bad glow plug connectors to plug into the original connector.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
It's really easy to add lights to a regular visor. I just took some measurements, got some LED lights from the auto parts store and cut holes with a dremel. I know it's not the normal light pattern, but to heck with normal...nothing about my truck is normal anyhow. :D

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks good actually. I was thinking of getting a long amber LED strip like this

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice nice work guys, love the mod to non lit one too.

I have a lighted visor here hint hint....and it is painted flat black on the underside and a tan/khaki colour on top side and all the light pockets where masked and painted a silver inside to help reflect more light.

I got a small piece of the vinyl used on windows...perforated to make pictures so you can see out but not in..and painted that khaki and applied it to the lenses so in daylight they were not visible but lit up in dark. Have not installed it yet...but should be neat when I do!

It may be an idea for you guys to try, just check at a sign shop for some of the perforated vinyl some small cut off pieces is all that's needed for the tiny lenses, and usually free as it's waste!

JM2CW

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just had a rain storm and unfortunately it still leaks, I think it's the top windshield, because I put clear gasket sealer on and around the bolt holes. I think if the bolt holes were leaking there would be water damage to the headliner since they are 2-4 inches away from the windshield. In a couple of months I will replace the windshield, because it has an annoying crack right in my line of sight.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't wait a couple months. Cracked windshield compromises the structural integrity of the cab. And a small crack can become a BIG crack in QUICK time (we had one grow all the way across the windshield in one 60-mile trip). Replacement should be in the two Franklin range, and even with basic liability coverage, it MIGHT be covered on your insurance. I've got the bare minimum on my '85, and my insurance company paid to replace it when it cracked. They worked directly with the glass place.