moisture in headlights.. arghhhhh!

jam sandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've polished them up real nice, and let them dry out, but i am STILL getting moisture inside the lenses :confused::confused:

I drilled a small hole on the bottom of each bulb socket to allow for air to flow in/out, but the moisture isnt getting out.

What do you guys do to your bricknose lights to help keep the insides moisture free? I dont want them fogging up and yellowing up!

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get moisture in mine too...I can only fight this old stuff so much > so I learn to live with somethings.
Years back I polished my lenses up real nice too...I gave up that fight too. ;Really

StoneCity37

Reaction score
I had moisture behind the screen of my cell phone and placed the phone into a bag of rice and it removed the moisture. I don't know but maybe you could purchase a big bag of rice and place the headlight in a bucket with the rice and that might solve it. Kind of an off the wall idea, but it might happen.

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
Take the headlights off the truck and take them inside till they are all dried out, after that clean them up, and seal every joint (and the hole you drilled) with black RTV (or red if you're into that look)

After you do that they should stop fogging up.

My brother did this to the taillights on his Mustang and he's never had a problem with moisture.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drilled small holes top and bottom all 4 corners under the chrome on my bricknosed truck.
Eliminated the moisture

Javier

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or you could get a piece of cardboard and get wet and stick it in the oven at 350 for 3 min dont preheat it. it will get the moister out and reseal the lens

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could you go more into depth with this method?[/Q
you put the headlights on damp piece of cardboard on a cookie sheet to keep the lens from geting disturted from the heat of then oven. the heat gets the water out of the lens and makes the glue sticky. then when you take them out of the oven you press the len towords the housing to reseal them. note when you put them in the oven put them in then turn the oven on for 3 min

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online