modified injectors?

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
what is the difference between a code and d code? d codes are supposed to be better right? d codes are for turbo engines correct? What can you modify to change flow? what has to be machined? the tips, nozzles? We will see...:D

Attachments

• DSC00045-1.jpg
    DSC00045-1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC00043-1.jpg
    DSC00043-1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC00044-1.jpg
    DSC00044-1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC00046-1.jpg
    DSC00046-1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 12

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
It looks as if the "d" code injectors have a different tip in them possibly to allow more fuel to go past when it opens. Just kind of throwing it out there to pic your brains!;Sweet

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"D" codes are not for turbo engines, the "D" code was typically used in early 7.3 N/A motors. The "A" codes were for early 83s from what I heard, probably a good injector, but quite different from other stanadynes. Probably if you think you know what you're doing with those nozzles, you should order up a set of nozzles for "G" code injs. which came with the factory turbo engines. Another possibility is that you could look for a set of nozzles from Chevy 6.5 marinized injectors which often pop up on ebay. I don't know if they would fit or work but they flow A TON of fuel from what I hear. Or if you want to modify your own injectors, you could buy one 'G" injector or even 1 DPS stage 1 injector and modify the others in a like manner. I don't think you'll be too impressed with machining them to "D" specs. I had a set in my 86 and they were not too great, they didn't even last 50,000 miles with the right spray pattern and pop pressure, and they weren't exactly a powerhouse. Not bad but nothing special.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G code injectors are for emmissions compliance. I don't think emissions, and power/performance/life expectancy are used in the same sentance. LOL

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well whatever you find out let us know. I have a good friend that works at a machine shop. If I could buy injectors then modify them more for MORE power. AAAHHHH Hold my beer and watch this.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the nozzles were relatively cheap...I think Peninsular diesel has them all the time....I just don't know if they will fit in the injectors used in an IH/Ford motor, but it seems they should be similar given its a Stanadyne fuel system. If you could make them fit, I wonder how they would perform..Let us know what you find out.