Mirror Extensions

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my truck with the stock mirrors with the turn signal... And now I will be hauling a 8.5 foot wide enclosed trailer. I have heard about a nice set of mirror extensions that slide over your mirror and clamp on... Ones that do not leave marks.... Anyone know what ones are the best and a place to get them?

Brian:thanks:

themoose

The Moose is Loose
Reaction score
I got the extentions for my Dakota at a travel trailer dealership, I think they were $40 a pair.
I messed up & didn't get the tow mirrors for my Ram, The extintions were kind of a PIA, they were ugly, I had to get out or slide over to adjust them, they whistled at speed, I had to remember where I put them when I took them off & while they didn't scratch the mirrors they did leave a mark where they mounted.

I'm looking for a set of factory tow mirrors but haven't been able to swallow the $450 price tag yet!!

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far the mirrors are working well.... I would not use them for RVing... and your right about adjusting them... But, till the next truck comes.... they will work just fine.......

Hoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about Power vision or CEPA mirrors? Both are much larger than stock and come power and heated. I have power vision and they are great they are solid no vibrations and you can extend them out only as far as you need. The heaters in them are awsome!!!

themoose

The Moose is Loose
Reaction score
Originally posted by ISurvivedNMU
Are they less than 100 dollars...... LMAO......
NOT!!
I just looked at some TI (I think that was the name) tow mirrors, Manual extention, heated & electric adjustment, they plug in to the factory harness in & they were $480, the factory tow mirrors are $450.
Hoss, how much were the ones you talked about??

Hoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The CEPA mirrors (heated and power but manually extend) are around $350.00
The Powervision I have (heated and power and power extend) are a little more around $450.00 but are much nicer than factory tow mirrors IMHO

Disclaimer: Prices are rough estimates dont kill me if I am wrong!!!!

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of TTT heated, lights and electric mirrors on the way.. I will take some pictures and post them.... Seem to be about the best out there......

I learned that they are the ones that make the ford mirrors.....

Last edited:

2500cummins

Reaction score
I think the Chevy OEM power extendable mirrors are the Powervision's. These guys have them on sale for $299, they seem to rotate the application on sale every month or so.
http://woodlawnrv.com/Products/Super Sale/super sale power_vision.htm

The best price I found on the ****/Bestop/Lucerix Mirrors was here for $325 :http://www.windrockoffroad.com/part_finder.asp?DeptID=1&Vendor=17&Category=110
A few guys on the TDR have reported shaking or vibration problems with the ****'s but mine are fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online