Minimum Purge Time for a 6.9/7.3 Pre-Powerstroke?

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I'm not running an IDI, but I run at least 3 miles at 2000 RPM... I have the aluminum slug in my filter, too,so I have a little less fuel to displace than you might...(BUT -- what I run may be excessive for my situation, too)

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Interesting, reading on another site you can also tell using a fuel pressure gauge, which makes sense since WVO will be a higher viscosity, hence higher pressure in the line - when the pressure drops precipitously you know you're on #2.

This might just be what I need - I wanted to add a fuel pressure gauge anyway...

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda look at my fuel temp gauge, too. When I shut down it's always < 130 (that's as low as my gauge goes)....I'm running #2 through my FPHE, so by the time it's down to regular temp, I'm sure it's been flushed.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Yeah I'd be more concerned about flushing the IP and injectors than my FPHE. I have a vegtherm mega after the fphe which adds 20 off degrees - it turns off when I switch to #2

I really think the fuel pressure gauge is probably the best bet for me.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, I wasn't saying my FPHE was flushed, although it did read like that....But by the time I'm cool, everything will be clear with fresh D2.

Let us know how the fuel pressure works...where do you plan on putting the sender?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828