Mini IDI Rally in Michigan!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
;Sweet I am putting together a Mini Rally, sort of a "Big Ed didn't make it to the Rally" Rally.:D Basically just a laid back camping weekend. It will be in 2 weeks, September 28-30.

I will be picking out a camp ground just south of Grand Rapids, north of Kalamazoo.

So Far it looks like it is Ron and family, Barney and family, Obvously Myself. I hope to hear from Tim and Travis soon as well.

This is for anyone that wants to show up, just let me know!

Later,

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
we are interested! i just got our 1969 camper remodeled on the inside. we are camping this weekend with it so we will see how that goes. let me know where!;Sweet

IDIeselman

Reaction score
Darrin that sounds good to me and I'm sure carena would enjoy it also. I'll give you a BS call this weekend. I may be driving the old ford after all as the man who bought it had a triple bypass 1 month prior and his blood pressure droped when he was here and he ended up in the hospital before getting a ride home and I have heard nothing from him. I really hope he's OK but won't mind keeping the truck if he's gone.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Oh man.... that is the weekend that we are having Sherman's birthday party....

Bring the party up!,..

Bummer Travis it would be cool if you could make it,...I will let you play with my Cummins,?..!:D ;Sweet

Darrin that sounds good to me and I'm sure carena would enjoy it also. I'll give you a BS call this weekend. I may be driving the old ford after all as the man who bought it had a triple bypass 1 month prior and his blood pressure droped when he was here and he ended up in the hospital before getting a ride home and I have heard nothing from him. I really hope he's OK but won't mind keeping the truck if he's gone.

Kind of a good news, bad news situation hu? Let me know if you need a cabin or do you have a camper? I can probablly come up with one for you if you need one, Talk to you soon.

we are interested! i just got our 1969 camper remodeled on the inside. we are camping this weekend with it so we will see how that goes. let me know where!

Sweet! I love old campers that have been redone!

I would also be interested in attending. Please let me know when you have more info of where it will be.
Thanks

I will line up a camp ground in the next day or 2, once I get a good number of who all will be able to go.

Thanks Guys!

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darrin,
I would love to go but things dont look good.
We just came back from a last dash vacation before John started school.
If it were closer I might be able to do it.
John

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Git r done Hound dog!:thumbsup:

Sneak over next door and snag me one of them trailer jacks when nobody's looking.:eek: J/k

Looking good.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score

What a turn of events. Make sure you wait a year and then contact the family so that you can return the $1500 he paid for your truck.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
we are interested! i just got our 1969 camper remodeled on the inside. we are camping this weekend with it so we will see how that goes. let me know where!;Sweet

What brand of camper is it? I'm assuming you're talking about a slide-in? We have an early 70's slide-in that we re-did. Got it for $450 and been using it for about 6 or 8 years. It fit perfectly with my '73 GMC, looked OK in my '92 F350, but I just can't bring myself to load it in my '06 Chevy. Time to look for a newer TT or 5ver. I do love old campers though.

Check this out. They're in Albuquerque. http://www.swvca.com/retrorestoration/index.htm

Tom

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
its a 19ft Holiday Vacationer 1969. It sat in the woods for about 7 years but it was in great shape when i pulled it out. I painted the outside, re-caulked the windows, put some flooring down, had my sis make me some curtains repainted the interior, all new pluming and so on. I still need to find a place where i can get cushions, any one know where?:dunno

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Lori and I are taking off to go look at a couple of camp grounds I will let you know where we are going and get you the link when we get back.

Later!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Ok Here is where we are going:;Sweet

http://eastlakecamping.com/

We have 6 sites on hold but you need to call in and put your reservations in. Tell them you are with Darrin Tosh.

We have sites
96 My spot

Here is the bonus, Buy one night get one Free! We will be there Friday to Sunday. If anyone wants to be there earlier than Friday I could be talked into that also.

It looks like a nice campground, very friendly. There are a lot of permenant spots. We are pretty close to the playground for those with little ones.

More info to come but please call ASAP to reserve your spot,:backoff :D

Later!

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
We have site 98.

Now to get my trans out and back in, rear end swapped, and moose pump installed.

Time me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online