Max egts after turbo???

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Got me a pyro and think I'm gonna mount it after the turbo in the down pipe. What's the max egts I should see there? Thanks!

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
I know that but it's to much trouble undoing uppipe. This way I can just drill a hole an stick it in

JesterPgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why undo anything? Coat a drill bit in grease, start the truck, drill the hole. Coat the tap in grease, tap the hole, shut the truck off, install probe, done.

JesterPgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. With the drill bit coated in grease, it will catch and hold the shavings. With the engine running, it will push towards the path of least resistance; the hole you just drilled. Then coat the tap in grease so it can hold the shavings as well, tap the hole, and you'll be good to go. Leave it running while you drill and tap.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what he said but wear safety glasses as the exhaust will blow the shavings back at you.i used this method on my idi,worked great except the metal in the eyes ;Reallycookoo

JesterPgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what he said but wear safety glasses as the exhaust will blow the shavings back at you.i used this method on my idi,worked great except the metal in the eyes ;Reallycookoo

OH man, good catch. I always use em, so I forget to mention it (been there).

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
i have the threaded one to just looks like it would be hard to get a t handle pipe threader down there

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
i have the threaded one to just looks like it would be hard to get a t handle pipe threader down there

Use a ratchet an extension and a square socket that will fit the tap, and tape the tap to the square socket;Sweet

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use a ratchet an extension and a square socket that will fit the tap, and tape the tap to the square socket;Sweet

what he said ;Sweetthere should be plenty of room to work on the drivers side with a few minor things removed or tied out of the way.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
Ive put many in the manifold with out the truck runnin, just start small and work up, lots of room.
Ive even done some in the top of the manifold.
as for the original question, ive heard 1000-110

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh and under the go pedal is a plastic plug in the floor where you can run all of your wiring through so no new holes need to be drilled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online